General Admissions & OTCAS Submitting application without taking a pre-req

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sb0106

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I submitted my application today with the plans to take an online medical terminology class soon. I figured I could just find a quick course online and make sure the schools I applied to will accept it. Does it matter that I am doing this? How will I notify the schools once I actually complete the course? Especially if it is an online course that does not provide a transcript, what do I do in that situation? I assume I will just email the schools a copy of the "certificate" or "transcript the online institution provides.

I have not picked an online course yet, I just don't want to spend an arm and a leg by taking medical terminology at a college online. I have found cheaper courses online vs taking it online at a community college.

Let's say I do find a cheap online CC course though, how will I submit my transcripts if I already submitted my app? Just contact the school?

Sorry if this is dumb..... just hoping I didn't make a mistake.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, have you contacted the online course to verify what kind of proof they will give you upon completion? Have you contacted the school to verify if they would accept that type of proof?

If you're accepted, they should send you a letter with conditions for starting the program, which includes finishing up a prereq and submitting transcripts/proof.