Suggestions for my application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

allanMED15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here are my stats:
UG GPA: 3.26 (Belmont University)
B.S. in Biology

Graduate GPA: 3.6 (Johns Hopkins University)
Molecular Microbiology and Immunology is my degree.

MCAT: Taking on April 18th, but my practice tests have ranged from 504-512. Still lots to finish reviewing before test day.

Extracurriculars:
80+ shadowing hours
25+ hours volunteering at a hospital
Year and a half of Undergrad Research
Just got a research associate job for whenever my Masters' is complete-plan to do that for a year until I hopefully start med school

I was a member of an IFC fraternity holding various committee chairs as well as an IFC delegate, SGA congress, Pep band for basketball, Freshman Orientation Leader for 3 years, and part of my university's recruitment program for 2 years.

I have a few more undergrad courses that I will be taking this summer and fall to raise my GPA a bit more.

Anyone have suggestions of what can give me the best chances until the time that I apply?

Members don't see this ad.

I have also taught High School Band for the past 4 years while working part time at a restaurant during school.

Are you looking at MD or DO? It's hard to predict without a MCAT score but your uGPA is very low for MD. What is your sGPA? In addition your clinical ECs are just about nonexistent! 25 hours is not impressive at all. I hope you aren't planning to apply this upcoming cycle. You have some work to do to make your app the best it can be!

Reactions: 1 user
You have basically no volunteering, and no clinical experience. Even if you get the highest score in the world on your MCAT, you will not get into any medical school without that.