Sullivan University, Class of 2015 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jknopp1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems early, but the application window opens in less than 2 months! Is there anyone planning on applying? I am beginning to get my things together now!

Members don't see this ad.

So did I, but if you check the website, it says the application will be available in April...

Members don't see this ad :)
More students applying so they are probably opening up the window. I think they had something like 165 students re-applying who did not get into the 2014 class.

Has anyone submitted their application to Sullivan? I sent mine out April 14th. They e-mailed me last week to let me know that they've received all of my application materials, except for one of my letters of recommendation. The pharmacist who wrote it sent it out yesterday, so I'm hoping they'll get it tomorrow.

They've been very prompt in responding to my e-mails, which is great! :) I'm hooooping that applying so early will benefit me somehow, but unfortunately I doubt that it will. You either have it, or you don't!

I'm only applying to Sullivan. This is my second time applying to pharmacy school (I applied to UC last year, didn't get in, largely due to the D I received in physics that year). I will be able to graduate with a bachelor's in biology next year, so if I don't get in, I'll just reapply with the degree and up my odds.

I'm really interested to know who else is applying to Sullivan, and any information they may know. I've pretty much read Sullivan's website up and down a million times, and nothing new seems to be appearing. I guess it's just a wait and see kind of thing!

Has anyone submitted their application to Sullivan? I sent mine out April 14th. They e-mailed me last week to let me know that they've received all of my application materials, except for one of my letters of recommendation. The pharmacist who wrote it sent it out yesterday, so I'm hoping they'll get it tomorrow.

They've been very prompt in responding to my e-mails, which is great! :) I'm hooooping that applying so early will benefit me somehow, but unfortunately I doubt that it will. You either have it, or you don't!

I'm only applying to Sullivan. This is my second time applying to pharmacy school (I applied to UC last year, didn't get in, largely due to the D I received in physics that year). I will be able to graduate with a bachelor's in biology next year, so if I don't get in, I'll just reapply with the degree and up my odds.

I'm really interested to know who else is applying to Sullivan, and any information they may know. I've pretty much read Sullivan's website up and down a million times, and nothing new seems to be appearing. I guess it's just a wait and see kind of thing!
hey haiku!!! what are your stats??
Im planning to apply to this school too....do u know about stats of sullivan??

hey haiku!!! what are your stats??
Im planning to apply to this school too....do u know about stats of sullivan??
Hey! I'm glad to see another Sullivan applicant on here! We will definitely have to keep each other updated!

I have only seen stats of Sullivan posted on this website from other users, so I don't know how accurate they are. One thing said somewhere around 88% of people accepted last year had a ba. I certainly hope that's not true. I can graduate with a bachelors in bio next year, which I sort of mentioned in my application, but as I don't currently have it, I doubt that does me a bit of good.

GPA at my current school: 3.15 *
PCAT: 47
Experience: 4.5 years in retail pharmacy
Volunteer: animal shelter for 3 years, just started volunteering at the SPCA. Also in the process of getting my dog certified to be a therapy dog (hospital visits, etc.)
LOR: One from a professor, another from a pharmacist.

*I'm pretty sure this doesn't include my freshman year (I transfered from Miami). When I did pharmcas for the 2009-2010 cycle, it bumped my UC GPA from 3.52 to 3.85. So I'm kind of thinking the GPA I'm looking at might be lower than what Sullivan sees. But I also don't want to get my hopes up, so lets go with the 3.15!

I'm really proud of my essay. I took a lot of time working on it, revising it, and getting others to read it and give me advice. I think I did a really good job of conveying everything I wanted to in under 1000 words (which is quite the feat! haha)

What about you? When do you think you'll submit everything?

Hey! I'm glad to see another Sullivan applicant on here! We will definitely have to keep each other updated!

I have only seen stats of Sullivan posted on this website from other users, so I don't know how accurate they are. One thing said somewhere around 88% of people accepted last year had a ba. I certainly hope that's not true. I can graduate with a bachelors in bio next year, which I sort of mentioned in my application, but as I don't currently have it, I doubt that does me a bit of good.

Volunteer: animal shelter for 3 years, just started volunteering at the SPCA. Also in the process of getting my dog certified to be a therapy dog (hospital visits, etc.)

*I'm pretty sure this doesn't include my freshman year (I transfered from Miami). When I did pharmcas for the 2009-2010 cycle, it bumped my UC GPA from 3.52 to 3.85. So I'm kind of thinking the GPA I'm looking at might be lower than what Sullivan sees. But I also don't want to get my hopes up, so lets go with the 3.15!

I'm really proud of my essay. I took a lot of time working on it, revising it, and getting others to read it and give me advice. I think I did a really good job of conveying everything I wanted to in under 1000 words (which is quite the feat! haha)

As long as you can finish your degree before you start pharmacy school, it's definitely viewed as an advantage. The numbers you see quoted for people accepted with a bachelor's typically include those who are still in the process of finishing their degree (that's my understanding, at least), but will do so before starting. I interviewed there last year and they definitely took note of the fact I'd have my bio degree by the end of the school year, though it's hard to say how much weight they gave to that fact.

As far as your GPA, I would assume a standard A=4, B=3, etc. when trying to figure out how you stack up. When I interviewed, they mentioned specific grades I had in pre-req courses and some of my upper level sciences as well, so it's not just GPA that's a factor. They're looking for people who can handle the rigors of an accelerated 3 year program as well, so make it very clear to them that you can handle it in your interview.

I have 3.4 GPA but my PCAT is low...but i dont think they will consider PCAT score with our application..
Im scared rite now because I dont have bs or ba degree...i just completed all of my pre-req in community college and apply to the school..do u know when they start inviting people for interview??

As long as you can finish your degree before you start pharmacy school, it's definitely viewed as an advantage. The numbers you see quoted for people accepted with a bachelor's typically include those who are still in the process of finishing their degree (that's my understanding, at least), but will do so before starting. I interviewed there last year and they definitely took note of the fact I'd have my bio degree by the end of the school year, though it's hard to say how much weight they gave to that fact.

As far as your GPA, I would assume a standard A=4, B=3, etc. when trying to figure out how you stack up. When I interviewed, they mentioned specific grades I had in pre-req courses and some of my upper level sciences as well, so it's not just GPA that's a factor. They're looking for people who can handle the rigors of an accelerated 3 year program as well, so make it very clear to them that you can handle it in your interview.
so u mean that community college students dont have a good chance to get in compared with others who have bs or ba degree???

so u mean that community college students dont have a good chance to get in compared with others who have bs or ba degree???

I'd say that a bachelor's gives you some advantage (as it does at most schools), but it's hard to say exactly how much of an advantage it is, or how much of a disadvantage you're at without one. I haven't seen any data for Sullivan showing what percentage of accepted students actually have a degree. For most people, the best policy is to work towards a degree in the process of picking up your pre-reqs so if you don't make it in your first try, you can try again next cycle with your degree and hopefully improve your chances.

I'd say that a bachelor's gives you some advantage (as it does at most schools), but it's hard to say exactly how much of an advantage it is, or how much of a disadvantage you're at without one. I haven't seen any data for Sullivan showing what percentage of accepted students actually have a degree. For most people, the best policy is to work towards a degree in the process of picking up your pre-reqs so if you don't make it in your first try, you can try again next cycle with your degree and hopefully improve your chances.
hey R2pharmD2, i know that sullivan has posted their application online and i think they will evaluate applications soon...do u know when they will invite people for interview??
I reactivated my application for class of 2015 and i dont know if i hear from them soon....

hey R2pharmD2, i know that sullivan has posted their application online and i think they will evaluate applications soon...do u know when they will invite people for interview??
I reactivated my application for class of 2015 and i dont know if i hear from them soon....

I got my invite in September. Seems like they're doing things a bit earlier this year so far though, so who knows for sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my invite in September. Seems like they're doing things a bit earlier this year so far though, so who knows for sure.
thats really fast......
when did u get invitation?? did they send you an email to require all stuffs they need before inviting you??

I'm also applying to Sullivan. Do you mind sharing your stats?

hey NP5606!!! when do you submit ur application?? I have 3.4 GPA and work in a pharmacy. I also have volunteer work...what about ur stats?

they give me May-12,13,19, 20, 26. I'm still deciding

hey pupham281!!! did they send an email to ask for all required materials before they invited you?? i reactivated my appl this year and i still have to submit my transcript and 1 letter.....please share ur information!! I really appreciate that...

nope, just an email to invite me to the interview. May be because I don't take any class this semester. I applied last Nov. when the class already fill up. They reactivated my apps.

nope, just an email to invite me to the interview. May be because I don't take any class this semester. I applied last Nov. when the class already fill up. They reactivated my apps.
so u already submitted all of stuffs required rite??
btw, what are ur stats??

I was given the exact same dates. When i called she gave me the times available.... I was still hesitant to believe if I was given an invitation bc she didn't really confirm much with me over the phone. But she said if u got an email then that is the invitation :)

I was given the exact same dates. When i called she gave me the times available.... I was still hesitant to believe if I was given an invitation bc she didn't really confirm much with me over the phone. But she said if u got an email then that is the invitation :)
hi apark!!! what are ur stats? do u have ba or bs before applying?? do they require it?? i just completed community college and worried if i have a chance....

hey NP5606!!! when do you submit ur application?? I have 3.4 GPA and work in a pharmacy. I also have volunteer work...what about ur stats?

Hey! I actually send mine in yesterday.
My gpa: 3.4
worked at a pharmacy & did shadowing
Activities: president of science club at my college
I'm doing all my prereqs at a community college...i really hope that doesnt hurt my chances too much.

thats really fast......
when did u get invitation?? did they send you an email to require all stuffs they need before inviting you??

I got my invite a couple of weeks before interviews started. They did send out an email detailing what they still needed before that.

GPA >3.5
PCAT >90% (Not required, but I had a solid score so I submitted it anyway hoping it would help.)
Retail and hospital pharmacy tech experience
Zero volunteer work or community service
Solid LORs (PIC, another pharmacist and upper level science prof.)
Solid personal statement (IMHO)
B.S. in Bio

Don't get too caught up in comparing stats though. I know people with worse stats who also got accepted, and those with stats as good or better who didn't. The interview is pretty important.

I got my invite a couple of weeks before interviews started. They did send out an email detailing what they still needed before that.

GPA >3.5
PCAT >90% (Not required, but I had a solid score so I submitted it anyway hoping it would help.)
Retail and hospital pharmacy tech experience
Zero volunteer work or community service
Solid LORs (PIC, another pharmacist and upper level science prof.)
Solid personal statement (IMHO)
B.S. in Bio

Don't get too caught up in comparing stats though. I know people with worse stats who also got accepted, and those with stats as good or better who didn't. The interview is pretty important.

Thanks for sharing! Im just really worried because I'm only doing two years at a community college...only 4 months of pharmacy experience...yet to take the pcat in July
I did have strong LOR...but my personal statement i still dont know if its gonna help much because essays are my weakness!

Thanks for sharing! Im just really worried because I'm only doing two years at a community college...only 4 months of pharmacy experience...yet to take the pcat in July
I did have strong LOR...but my personal statement i still dont know if its gonna help much because essays are my weakness!

Make sure you have at least one other person proofread your essay. I would suggest you have several, especially if you're unsure about your writing skills.

Oh wow! They're already sending out interview invites? I heard they won't start looking at new applications until the first. I haven't heard a thing. Hopefully mine wasn't thrown into a reject pile already..

Good luck at the interview! Keep us updated!

I called Carolyn the other day to see if my second LOR had come in. Side note- that woman is the nicest pharmacy school staffer that I have ever dealt with! She e-mailed me back once literally within less than two minutes, and it was at 5:00, so I'm sure she was in a rush to get home! And when I called, she was just as sweet as can be, but I digress..

Anyway, all of my stuff was officially in last Thursday. I just got butterflies after realizing that they're sending out interviews FAST.

Namtuac and NP - also let me know if you hear anything. I will keep everyone updated as far as any e-mails et. cetera that I receive. The waiting process is awful. We can at least make it a little bit better by keeping each other informed!

You beat me to it. I had about 5+ people proofread mine last cycle.

You're currently a pharmacy student now, aren't you? Did you get into Sullivan? I saw that you applied there while creeping the forums. purely for practicality, I swear I'm not a stalker. :)

@ Haiku - sure will keep u posted!

I am getting nervous. I sent in everything but my pharmacist yet hasn't send the LOR. Hope it doesn't slow down my application processing.

@ Haiku - sure will keep u posted!

I am getting nervous. I sent in everything but my pharmacist yet hasn't send the LOR. Hope it doesn't slow down my application processing.

Thanks! I don't think the LOR is a huge deal. Just send your pharmacist a friendly text or e-mail (or in person) saying you received an e-mail from Sullivan saying that your application is lacking the LOR. It would let them know that you do want to have it in as early as possible. They might not realize you want it in ASAP.

On a separate note, don't forget to write your reference a thank you note, if you haven't already. I was talking to some friends, and none of them gave any of their references one. I thought that was kind of ungrateful. It's just a nice thing to do for someone who took time out of their day to praise you. :)

Have they cashed anyone's application fee check? Mine has not been cashed yet. I think that might mean they haven't even begun reviewing the application? I hope that's what it means. These early interviews are making me nervous.

Thanks! I don't think the LOR is a huge deal. Just send your pharmacist a friendly text or e-mail (or in person) saying you received an e-mail from Sullivan saying that your application is lacking the LOR. It would let them know that you do want to have it in as early as possible. They might not realize you want it in ASAP.

On a separate note, don't forget to write your reference a thank you note, if you haven't already. I was talking to some friends, and none of them gave any of their references one. I thought that was kind of ungrateful. It's just a nice thing to do for someone who took time out of their day to praise you. :)

Have they cashed anyone's application fee check? Mine has not been cashed yet. I think that might mean they haven't even begun reviewing the application? I hope that's what it means. These early interviews are making me nervous.
hey!!! have u heard anything from sullivan yet??? i still need to submit a LOR, update personal statement, and transcript at the end of this semester.....i have been worried now because people started to get invited...do u think i should wait to submit all my stuffs or contact Dr. Facione??

@ Haiku -

Did you receive an email from them saying that they have gotten all of your paperwork?

FYI:
When I had called the school at the beginning of April to ask about the application process...I was told that for those who apply in April, their applications will be evaluated in May; those who apply in May, their applications will be evaluated in June, and so forth!

FYI:
When I had called the school at the beginning of April to ask about the application process...I was told that for those who apply in April, their applications will be evaluated in May; those who apply in May, their applications will be evaluated in June, and so forth!
hi NP5606!! Do u know about reactivated application? i reactivated my appl but so far i heard nothing from the school....

@ Haiku -

Did you receive an email from them saying that they have gotten all of your paperwork?

I received one saying that I was missing a LOR a few weeks back. I called last week and they informed me that the LOR was in over the phone. Thanks for the information about reviewing applications. I sent mine in at the end of April, but it wasn't a reactivated application, so I think they would treat it as if it was submitted in May.

hey!!! have u heard anything from sullivan yet??? i still need to submit a LOR, update personal statement, and transcript at the end of this semester.....i have been worried now because people started to get invited...do u think i should wait to submit all my stuffs or contact Dr. Facione??

No, I still haven't heard anything yet! I did notice that they cashed my check for the application fee. It was posted to my bank account today. (I now have an admirable $1.11 in my checking account. haha) This at least means that they've opened my folder. That's really the only news I have!

I would get all of your stuff in as soon as possible. I don't think you will hear back for an interview without those things? Or maybe you will? Not sure how the reactivation process works entirely.

I don't think it would hurt to ask. They seem very willing to answer any questions I've had.

hi NP5606!! Do u know about reactivated application? i reactivated my appl but so far i heard nothing from the school....

I sent them an email to let them know that I would like to reactivate my apps for the class of 2015. That's all.

I sent my application on the 29th of April...still have not received an email saying we got this paper so far and need this blah blah...

Who should I email to Ask?

decide to cancel my interview. Good luck to those who are going to the interview this month !!!

Hi All,
Applied last year late so I roll my application for 2015. They invited me for an interview. I am bit nervous, what they gonna ask, any idea how the interview will be :confused:?

Hi All,
Applied last year late so I roll my application for 2015. They invited me for an interview. I am bit nervous, what they gonna ask, any idea how the interview will be :confused:?
hey samsmart!!! did u send all of your stuffs before u got interview invite?? or did they send an email to ask any missing materials before that?? i still have 1 LOR, update personal statement, and transcript at the end of this semester....please let me know i really appreciate that :)

decide to cancel my interview. Good luck to those who are going to the interview this month !!!
why did you decide to cancel your interview? did you get an interview somewhere else??? Good Luck to you!

Hi All,

when is your interview date?

I sent my application on the 29th of April...still have not received an email saying we got this paper so far and need this blah blah...

Who should I email to Ask?

if you're missing information, they will contact you...if not I would wait a few more weeks and contact the school

why did you decide to cancel your interview? did you get an interview somewhere else??? Good Luck to you!

I'm already accepted to other school. I was consider about the program at each school, the tuition fee, goals after graduation, living environment, etc. before decide to cancel my interview with Sullivan.

Is Sullivan your top choice? Goodluck to you too :)

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knows if SUCOP's interviews are group setting or one on one with the committee?