Sullivan University, Class of 2016 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Guys they are processing the application today...So just hope for the best.

Somehow got to stay optimistic and have a positive mindset

Members don't see this ad.

I just found out I was placed on the alternate list after the interview. Does anyone know anything about how the alternate list works for Sullivan?

Members don't see this ad :)
Somehow got to stay optimistic and have a positive mindset

Yeah man true but still there is something inside of me that is impatient........I hope they let us know about the interview soon......Did your application got processed yet

Yeah man true but still there is something inside of me that is impatient........I hope they let us know about the interview soon......Did your application got processed yet

I try not letting any negativity come inside of my head but I just can't help it. I just found out about this school like eng of August. It's my fault that I didn't research enough and now that will probably hurt my chances of getting a interview. Wasted my money. Yeah my application was complete 2 weeks ago but I haven't heard anything since that. How about yours?

Well they processed my application just because I forced them to do it on time. I used to call them every week to make sure my application get processed on time. I donot know if its a good thing or not. In my opinion you should contact them to make sure that they process you application this week because we both submitted it during the same week.. But yeah, I hope everythings goes well for both of us.......

I got an email last thursday saying..my application was evaluated and been sent to the admissions and that they will let me know about the next step, I am so nervous. If someone is on alternative list does that mean all the seats are full?

Well they processed my application just because I forced them to do it on time. I used to call them every week to make sure my application get processed on time. I donot know if its a good thing or not. In my opinion you should contact them to make sure that they process you application this week because we both submitted it during the same week.. But yeah, I hope everythings goes well for both of us.......

Yeah I will call them today. Hopefully good things are ahead for us

I got an email last thursday saying..my application was evaluated and been sent to the admissions and that they will let me know about the next step, I am so nervous. If someone is on alternative list does that mean all the seats are full?

I got an email that said the same thing. I feel like seats are being filled really fast.

For those of you that have already been accepted for the class of 2016, have you received any communication from the school since you submitted your deposit?

For those of you that have already been accepted for the class of 2016, have you received any communication from the school since you submitted your deposit?

Yes, I did recieve mails from the school. I takes almost 1 month to process evrything and a week after they will sent you the mail.....Let me know when you applied and what are your stats....

Yes, I did recieve mails from the school. I takes almost 1 month to process evrything and a week after they will sent you the mail.....Let me know when you applied and what are your stats....

Did anyone that interviewed on the 19th got a rejection email? I didn't get the wait list email that most people received; so I think either I got accepted or completely denied. Knowing my luck I probably got denied :(.

But don't worry about stats I had a 2.98 undergrad (got a lot of C's, 2 D's and an F) I repeated that F in grad school and got a B+. My post bacc gpa was a 3.77 and my grad gpa is a 3.45. I really kicked butt in my post bacc and graduate school, which I recently graduated from. Like everyone said GPA isn't everything, the admissions staff, even the founding dean told us on our interview day that they have turned down 4.0 students and have accepted 2.7 students. Even if u have the gpa if the rest of ur app doesn't show that ur a well rounded student and passionate about the field then ur going to have a hard time. Don't loose hope, and make ur every aspect of ur application demonstrate that u want this badly. I was lucky to get awesome letter of recs and my personal statement was pretty good (I have been working on it and critiquing it for almost a year). Sullivan is an amazing school that appreciates students not just by the numbers but by character. I can only hope that I get accepted. Also the whole application process takes about 2 months I know it's a long wait but we all had to suffer through it as well lol, they receive a lot of applicants and there's only one person that puts the apps and paperwork together before going to the review process. Don't lose hope because anything is possible. I hope my story help ease some people's minds. If I got this far you guys can too! Also I had two other interview offers, so grades are not the only determining factor. I wish the best of luck to everyone on here.

I agree with you P! I had 2 D's on my transcript too (one from high school days and one from very recently) I have a lot of C's, and the rest are B's. I only have a few A's. I am very surprised that I even got interviews to this school and Touro next week. You guys... don't worry too much! I feel like if you can show them how passionate you are with the field.... i'm sure you all can reach your ultimate goal. BTW guys... for science gpa at this school... they only count science classes from the prerequisite list. Thus, if you want to improve your science gpa... repeat science courses from that list. It sucks that I found out about this too late. Instead of repeating these classes, I decided to take more other science classes to boost up that gpa. Now that I know, if I cannot make it this year.... I will repeat those classes to boost up my gpa. My current status: I got interviewed on the Oct. 19th and I am now on the alternative list.

Members don't see this ad :)
I originally applied for the class of 2015 and was rejected, but my app was held over for 2016. I'm not saying that stats aren't important, but they look at the big picture, not just numbers. For what it's worth, I think people in general focus too much on the numbers and not enough on the practical metrics

how are y'all applying and getting in for the class of 2016? aren't the students that are being accepted now being accepted for the class of 2017?

edit: nvm, starts july 2013 so it'd end in 2016.

Last edited:
Nope, I didn't receive anything. I don't think I will get a interview.

Why not man you will be ok man.Dnt loose hope you have good enough stats....Let me tell you this, I called the university on friday and they told me that the committe will sit down in november....So I think you will be ok and I wish you best of luck....Also, like I mention before I am sure we both will get interview the same day.;)

Why not man you will be ok man.Dnt loose hope you have good enough stats....Let me tell you this, I called the university on friday and they told me that the committe will sit down in november....So I think you will be ok and I wish you best of luck....Also, like I mention before I am sure we both will get interview the same day.;)

Thanks man. Wish you the best of luck also

I called Alyse Donahue on wed, and she told me that the Students affair committee is out and they we won't hear anything until November. Also, she said that not all seats are filled. It gives me hope, but I am still very nervous. I just want to get an interview atleast. Maybe we will? because if they didn't wanna get us an interview that would have said so already. I dunno I am just super nervous. I hope everything works out for everyone.

I called Alyse Donahue on wed, and she told me that the Students affair committee is out and they we won't hear anything until November. Also, she said that not all seats are filled. It gives me hope, but I am still very nervous. I just want to get an interview atleast. Maybe we will? because if they didn't wanna get us an interview that would have said so already. I dunno I am just super nervous. I hope everything works out for everyone.

We all just have to be optimistic and positive. We can't be discouraged.

I got my acceptance letter today!! I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy right now. What makes it better is I received another acceptance for MCPHS-Worcester!! I'm pretty sure I will be attending Sullivan tho. Thanks to everyone one who gave me awesome advice and was encouraging. I'll see all of you in July 2013!!! Also if anyone needs advice on anything let me know, I'll be glad to help you out as much as possible!!

I got my acceptance letter today!! I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy right now. What makes it better is I received another acceptance for MCPHS-Worcester!! I'm pretty sure I will be attending Sullivan tho. Thanks to everyone one who gave me awesome advice and was encouraging. I'll see all of you in July 2013!!! Also if anyone needs advice on anything let me know, I'll be glad to help you out as much as possible!!

Congratulations. I am happy for ya. Good Luck in pharmacy school.

Congrats, hpe to see you in school next year.....

City Boy!! When did you apply? Also, Congrats Phtran87!! Could you tell me how long it took to get an interview once they said your application was evaluated and students affair committee will let you know about the next step?? I am so nervous ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hey guys, I just got accepted in October. Don't give up!! I know that The committee meets once a month and I think they hold two rounds of interview every months, each interview session consist of around 22 students. I was told that they accepted everyone in the September round, which means in October there were about 70 seats left, and from the October round not everyone was accepted, so don't give up!! I think by doing the math there should still be at least bout 40 seats left, plus or minus. Good luck!

City Boy!! When did you apply? Also, Congrats Phtran87!! Could you tell me how long it took to get an interview once they said your application was evaluated and students affair committee will let you know about the next step?? I am so nervous ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Thanks everyone! Parthvi Patel, I applied on July 28th, and looking at the emails that I have received from Sullivan since that date, it looks like on August 29th I got the email from Alyse stating that they will "continue to process" my application within the next two weeks and that at the time "they have received all the required paperwork" and they will notify me of the next step once the processing is completed. On September 11th, I got the email that my application was currently being reviewed (not sure if you will receive this email or not because this was a response to an email that I sent Alyse about the status of my app). On October 5th, I got the interview invite for October 19th. So it took me about 2 months to get an interview offer. Also don't be nervous, if you look a couple posts up, you can see my stats (and they are not that great) but I got accepted so you have a chance too! Just demonstrate that you want this badly and that you are willing to make sacrifices to succeed and become a pharmacist!! Hope this helps.

Congrats. I have an interview on Nov 16. Can you give some advice/info. Did you wear a suit. I'm pretty financially challenged and cannot afford to buy one, but I don't want to show up under dressed like I don't take it serious. What is the interview like and what questions were you asked? I have worked retail pharmacy for almost four years. I am very serious in wanting to do this and I am knowledgeable when it come to meds and retail side of pharmacy, but I don't know what they are looking for? I don't know anyone personally who has went there. 90% of people I work with and have helped during rotations went to UKCOP. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Congrats. I have an interview on Nov 16. Can you give some advice/info. Did you wear a suit. I'm pretty financially challenged and cannot afford to buy one, but I don't want to show up under dressed like I don't take it serious. What is the interview like and what questions were you asked? I have worked retail pharmacy for almost four years. I am very serious in wanting to do this and I am knowledgeable when it come to meds and retail side of pharmacy, but I don't know what they are looking for? I don't know anyone personally who has went there. 90% of people I work with and have helped during rotations went to UKCOP. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

By the way when did you recieve an interview call

Congrats on the interview offer!! I wore a suit and a couple of other people did as well, but there was one or two interviewees that didn't wear one. My advice is to borrow one from someone you know, if possible, but if you don't have that option then just look your best with whatever you have. I'm sure they know that as a student you really don't have the funds to afford expensive things like that (luckily my brother purchased mine for me as a gift). If you are still concerned then personally I would contact Dr. Facione (or Dr. Tran) by email about it, I'm sure he will understand and FYI both are really nice men and easy to talk to. As for questions they can asked me the general ones, personally I used the interview feedback page on this website and made sure I can answer all the questions on there with a good solid answer. All the question that I was asked was on the interview feedback page. I incorporated my work and educational experience/situations into my answers to use as examples of how I developed to the person I am today. But just be prepared to answer questions that aren't on that page as well just, in case (I googled "pharmacy interview questions" to get other ideas). Also be prepared to justify any bad grades in ur transcript. I was in the same boat as you, I didn't know anyone who attended SUCOP, I'm actually from Pennsylvania and spent my undergrad in Pittsburgh. I heard that Sullivan likes students with degrees so if you have one, or going to have one by the end of spring semester then that will give u an advantage also. Hope this helps, good luck hopefully we will be classmates in July!!

But i was aking did you recieve the e-mail in last two weeks or in october for the interview invite

Oh sorry, after looking at your post again I realized that it was directed towards mc95758.

Congratulation! I know you've worked hard for this. I suppose I'll meeting you in July fellow class mate!

Congratulation! I know you've worked hard for this. I suppose I'll meeting you in July fellow class mate!

Thanks so much! I have to say its been a long and difficult road. I've been dreaming of this day for the last six years and now its finally here! I'm so anxious to start I feel as if I can start tomorrow lol. I guess we will meet July 1st then! Keep in touch!

I was one of those who did not wear a suit. I'm a lady and did not. Most of the men and the women wore a suit. I wore dress slack and a nice blouse. I have feet issues so you won't catch me in Dress shoes very often. Since I thought we may do quite a bit of walking I wore my nice tennis shoes. I do not recommend that. It would be a risky move. If you are a gentleman I would suggest nice slacks no jeans! And a dress shirt with a tie and nice dress shoes. It don't have to cost a lot. It don't hurt to stand out a little and not being the one in the suit. At our meeting almost every person wore a suit. Everyone looked cookie cutter. So if you don't have a suit and can not afford one don't panic. By the way I was accepted. They want to know you. If you look like everyone else how can they distinguish who you are? Relax and enjoy your day. Like one of the students there told me as I passed "You've got this"!

Phtran87,
I understand. I was ready 5 years ago. I finished college and I was ready when I was faced with the fact that my niece and nephew who were teenagers needed parents. So I raised them and put my school on hold. I've been working at this since about 2003. But, we are almost there. :) it's an amazing feeling. I told Alyse the same thing. I'd like to start today. I look at it this way, we have time to prepare for our big move right? I can't wait to meet you again. Were you in the 9-14 interview? I couldn't remember if you were. I was.

Last edited:
Thanks so much! I have to say its been a long and difficult road. I've been dreaming of this day for the last six years and now its finally here! I'm so anxious to start I feel as if I can start tomorrow lol. I guess we will meet July 1st then! Keep in touch!

I'm sorry my reply went below. I'm sure I hit something wrong. Lol

I just found out I was placed on the alternate list after the interview. Does anyone know anything about how the alternate list works for Sullivan?

Yes. I met a student at Sullivan, She said she was an alternate. It is very scary I know but there is still great hope. I think she said she found out in January or February that she was accepted.

Phtran87,
I understand. I was ready 5 years ago. I finished college and I was ready when I was faced with the fact that my niece and nephew who were teenagers needed parents. So I raised them and put my school on hold. I've been working at this since about 2003. But, we are almost there. :) it's an amazing feeling. I told Alyse the same thing. I'd like to start today. I look at it this way, we have time to prepare for our big move right? I can't wait to meet you again. Were you in the 9-14 interview? I couldn't remember if you were. I was.

Putting off your dreams for your niece and nephew is a very unselfish thing to do and I commend you for that, speaks a lot about your character and I am very excited to meet and get to know you! I just had a lot of maturing to do and had to take time off to reflect on my life and learn from my mistakes. I'm glad Sullivan appreciates my transformation and current drive for success. Yeah I guess your right about the long wait lol, definitely give us more time to prepare for this big move. I started planning the minute I got my letter of acceptance lol. No I interviewed on Oct. 19th and was accepted the Saturday after, which I must say was the longest wait of my life lol but very well worth it.

Putting off your dreams for your niece and nephew is a very unselfish thing to do and I commend you for that, speaks a lot about your character and I am very excited to meet and get to know you! I just had a lot of maturing to do and had to take time off to reflect on my life and learn from my mistakes. I'm glad Sullivan appreciates my transformation and current drive for success. Yeah I guess your right about the long wait lol, definitely give us more time to prepare for this big move. I started planning the minute I got my letter of acceptance lol. No I interviewed on Oct. 19th and was accepted the Saturday after, which I must say was the longest wait of my life lol but very well worth it.

That is so kind of you to say. Thank you. Ya, I know what you mean about planning right away. While I was in town I mapped out the neighborhoods and looked at apartments. Lol I told my husband if they didn't accept me I was wondering if he thought they (Sullivan) would notice if they had an extra student and if I could just blend in with the crowd. Lol I loved the school the first time I visited. I knew it was the place for me. I'm aware that it's going to be a tough 3 years but it will be the best 3 years of my life. I appreciate what they are doing for me and giving me the opportunity of a life time. I'm so happy that you have turned things around for yourself. I think that's what Sullivan looks for. I'm sure that they want people who are willing to work through the adversities of life to continue on to their dreams. So many people don't. I have people tell me all of the time "I couldn't do it. It's too much work". Of course it's too much work but where will you be 3 years from now? In a job you do not like? Or do you want to be in the job you dream to have? I will jump any and every hoop and hurdle to get there. Anyway, I should stop there. Lol As you can tell I'm very passionate about this. Lol
I am just so happy you were accepted and that we will all meet soon. I can not wait! See you in July!!!

That is so kind of you to say. Thank you. Ya, I know what you mean about planning right away. While I was in town I mapped out the neighborhoods and looked at apartments. Lol I told my husband if they didn't accept me I was wondering if he thought they (Sullivan) would notice if they had an extra student and if I could just blend in with the crowd. Lol I loved the school the first time I visited. I knew it was the place for me. I'm aware that it's going to be a tough 3 years but it will be the best 3 years of my life. I appreciate what they are doing for me and giving me the opportunity of a life time. I'm so happy that you have turned things around for yourself. I think that's what Sullivan looks for. I'm sure that they want people who are willing to work through the adversities of life to continue on to their dreams. So many people don't. I have people tell me all of the time "I couldn't do it. It's too much work". Of course it's too much work but where will you be 3 years from now? In a job you do not like? Or do you want to be in the job you dream to have? I will jump any and every hoop and hurdle to get there. Anyway, I should stop there. Lol As you can tell I'm very passionate about this. Lol
I am just so happy you were accepted and that we will all meet soon. I can not wait! See you in July!!!

Lol that's exactly how I feel about the school! I think they are an awesome organization that trains high quality pharmacists who want to do more than just go into work and get the day over with then go home. The dean even told us himself that they want well round students. I just wish more schools operate on the same beliefs, but unfortunately most schools will rather choose students that will make their "numbers" (ie class stats) look good. This doesn't make them a good institution or make their students any better or more hard working than schools such as Sullivan. I really like the area too, I had a two other interviews in Sacramento and Worcester, MA and I did not like the location of either. I just had a bad vibe from both places, it's hard to explain. But I'm glad in the end we both got in. Im excited to meet everyone in the class! I'm going to cherish this last 8 months of freedom before I dedicate my life to pharmacy! Can't wait!! See u sooner than u think

you guys are sooo happy! This makes me feeel happy too even though I am not in yet. LOL Hopefully I can get off the alternative list soon so I can join you guys with this happiness vibe LOL

you guys are sooo happy! This makes me feeel happy too even though I am not in yet. LOL Hopefully I can get off the alternative list soon so I can join you guys with this happiness vibe LOL

Lol well I'm hoping that you get in too! So we can all be classmates! :D

Lol We hope you get in as well. You sound like a really nice person. I hope that you get a letter and we hear from you soon. :xf: We'll keep our fingers crossed.

- All of this positive feedback I am reading about the school is making me want to apply here as well. The only thing is that I don't know much about Kentucky, and am kind of hesitant in applying due to that regard. Lol, can someone enlighten me a bit about what the state has to offer? Thanks :) .

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using SDN Mobile

Hey guys just out of curiosity can someone tell me how is the weather in KY. I am asking because they might delay the processing due to weather conditions.........:confused:

any one from new york here..........

In the news they were saying that 33 people died and the Atlantic city is flooded....For those who are going through this devastation I hope everything will work out for you guys....

- All of this positive feedback I am reading about the school is making me want to apply here as well. The only thing is that I don't know much about Kentucky, and am kind of hesitant in applying due to that regard. Lol, can someone enlighten me a bit about what the state has to offer? Thanks :) .

Hey, I'm not from Louisville or Kentucky so I can't provide any solid input except for describing what u observed during my two day visit there for the interview. The school is really close to the airport (like a 5 or 10 minute drive) and is located right off the highway. The area that the school is located at is a pretty good area. It's not in the city and the lifestyle seemed slow paced (which I like). I'm sure it has it's good and it's bad attributes, what city doesn't. I talked to a lot of people that live in the area or near the area that were interviewing that day and they seemed like really nice people. But in the end I based my decision on cost of living, the overall school community, and if I saw myself being successful and enjoying my educational experience.

Hey guys just out of curiosity can someone tell me how is the weather in KY. I am asking because they might delay the processing due to weather conditions.........:confused:

Hey I'm from eastern Pennsylvania and we got hit pretty bad. No flooding in immediate area but some places did lose power. The rain was more like a constant drizzle for 36 hours and the wind was not too bad. But I know many places who were hit a lot harder. Prayers go out to anyone that suffered from this catastrophic event.

I don't think Louisville got hit bad at all, maybe some rain but that's about it. I'm sure they were able to continue with the application process as well as classes. The only thing I would worry about, is if your from the east coast and you just sent your app out in the last 4 or 5 days. There is probably a delay with the postal service. But from reading your older posts it seems like you sent yours in a while ago, so nothing to worry about in your case

Hey, I'm not from Louisville or Kentucky so I can't provide any solid input except for describing what u observed during my two day visit there for the interview. The school is really close to the airport (like a 5 or 10 minute drive) and is located right off the highway. The area that the school is located at is a pretty good area. It's not in the city and the lifestyle seemed slow paced (which I like). I'm sure it has it's good and it's bad attributes, what city doesn't. I talked to a lot of people that live in the area or near the area that were interviewing that day and they seemed like really nice people. But in the end I based my decision on cost of living, the overall school community, and if I saw myself being successful and enjoying my educational experience.

Hey I'm from eastern Pennsylvania and we got hit pretty bad. No flooding in immediate area but some places did lose power. The rain was more like a constant drizzle for 36 hours and the wind was not too bad. But I know many places who were hit a lot harder. Prayers go out to anyone that suffered from this catastrophic event.

I don't think Louisville got hit bad at all, maybe some rain but that's about it. I'm sure they were able to continue with the application process as well as classes. The only thing I would worry about, is if your from the east coast and you just sent your app out in the last 4 or 5 days. There is probably a delay with the postal service. But from reading your older posts it seems like you sent yours in a while ago, so nothing to worry about in your case

- Thanks for the info. I know Sullivan is not using PharmCAS but how was the paper application process?