Summer courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waqaszeb

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am Canadian but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to get in to a pharmacy school anywhere in Ontario. I am planning on applying to the States. A friend told me that most pharmacy schools in the States do not recognize courses taken during the summer session? Sounds kinda weird to me..I checked admission requirements for a bunch of schools but none of them talk about this policy specifically. Most schools don't accept summer courses taken prior to the beginning of a September session in pharmacy school because they don't have access to grades during the admission process. I think that might have thrown my friend off a little. I still need to make sure though because I have a few courses I did in the summer last year. Can someone confirm this for me?

Members don't see this ad.

Best to check with each school you're interested in specifically. I don't know of any schools that will accept summer courses from the summer before matriculation.

Definitely check with the school. The school I'll be attending "prefers" you to finish your classes the spring before you start, but I have a couple of classes I'm taking this summer that they've approved.

Members don't see this ad :)
My pharmacy school was fine with me finishing my O. Chem 2 class in the summer prior to this coming Fall.