Summer Enrollment Question?

ComputerGuy365

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a question, if a high school student took classes at a CC in the summer, and did bad, could that be sent to med schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. Every college course you take will be sent to Medical Schools. I learned that the hard way. Well, the damage has not set in just yet. You can always retake the course. MD schools average. DO schools replace the new GPA score.

Yes. Every college course you take will be sent to Medical Schools. I learned that the hard way. Well, the damage has not set in just yet. You can always retake the course. MD schools average. DO schools replace the new GPA score.
What about for high school programs?
Like a college that offers special programs for high schoolers?

Members don't see this ad :)
College classes taken through a CC or a public university count towards your GPA in college (assuming the credits transfer correctly), and your GPA in college is sent to medical schools.

I've taken enough college classes to be a sophomore in college. I stayed at my high school to take the classes, but they were UT Chattanooga courses and credits (which transferred to Knoxville no problem).

P.S., make sure the credits can transfer. The salutatorian at my high school took two classes at a local CC, and neither of the credits transferred. The courses were not the same, even though they covered the same subject.

What about for high school programs?
Like a college that offers special programs for high schoolers?

Actually, make sure they are university transfer credits. In fact, I have found a loophole in the system. It's technically not a loophole, but a retake method that the university offers(mine in particular). My CC allows the course grade to be replaced by a retake completely, I also asked them questions regarding how I should report my score. The old score would be totally thrown out. This depends on your CC, contact them and ask.

I am not endorsing or encouraging the use of this tool. This is something that does exist, and you can use to your advantage or disadvantage.

I will also say you should comply with the regulations set forth by the agencies governerning your score reporting(whatever they might be).
Even if the scores are non-existent.

On the bright side, just focus more on your core sciences. You will do well! I am about to take a 4 week A et P class. Yep, 4 weeks . LOL
My professor said it is a bad idea, but we will see. I might end up withdrawling the course.

Last edited: