Summer intern hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ladyg228

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is my first post on SDN, YAY!!!!:claps::claps:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi there, I go to ISU and can give you some pointers. Congrats on your acceptance, by the way.

1) I would strongly recommend moving here early and completing all 200 IPPE hours over the summer. Your first year is busy with classes, school events and studying (and potentially working), and you don't want to have to find time to do free labor in between all that. Don't wait until the last minute (aka: spring break) to finish these hours. Get them done ASAP. Not to mention it is difficult to find places to complete your hours. ISU does not set up locations for you, so start calling pharmacies NOW to ask if they have room for you to complete your hours.

2) Apply for your Idaho extern license immediately. There are a lot of requirements and the board is very slow. You cannot do anything (ex: IPPE hours, find an intern position) until you have that license in your hands.

3) Start looking for an intern position. Are you interested in community? Hospital? I'm not sure if you are headed to the Meridian or Pocatello campus, but options are limited once you start competing with your classmates for positions. Again, why it's important to move here as soon as your are able and get your license ASAP. Working during school was one of the best decisions I made for a variety of reasons.

I hope that helps! Feel free to PM me with any other questions :)

Hi there, I go to ISU and can give you some pointers. Congrats on your acceptance, by the way.

1) I would strongly recommend moving here early and completing all 200 IPPE hours over the summer. Your first year is busy with classes, school events and studying (and potentially working), and you don't want to have to find time to do free labor in between all that. Don't wait until the last minute (aka: spring break) to finish these hours. Get them done ASAP. Not to mention it is difficult to find places to complete your hours. ISU does not set up locations for you, so start calling pharmacies NOW to ask if they have room for you to complete your hours.

2) Apply for your Idaho extern license immediately. There are a lot of requirements and the board is very slow. You cannot do anything (ex: IPPE hours, find an intern position) until you have that license in your hands.

3) Start looking for an intern position. Are you interested in community? Hospital? I'm not sure if you are headed to the Meridian or Pocatello campus, but options are limited once you start competing with your classmates for positions. Again, why it's important to move here as soon as your are able and get your license ASAP. Working during school was one of the best decisions I made for a variety of reasons.

I hope that helps! Feel free to PM me with any other questions :)

I don't go to ISU but OP, please take this person's advice to heart especially the third point. You will be shooting yourself in the foot if you don't work during school.

Honestly working one day a week at retail and hospital probably isn't a great idea. Few employers will take you for only one day (especially with no experience) although there might be some. I'd also question how much you'd get out of it splitting your time like that.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile