Summer Internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChrisM07

Dental Student
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I contacted a cosmetic dentist in my area and I set up an internship for myself for about a month this summer. I am really really excited and was wondering if there is anything I shouldnt ask him. You know, like asking something that seems harmless but is actually offensive to a practicing dentist. I read a post on here and someone did that and a few of you picked up on it immediately. So I was just wondering, among all the things that I want to ask, what shouldnt be asked?

Also, he said on the phone that being in a practice is more than just science its also business. I will only be there for about a month, should I try to get acquainted with the business side of it as well or shouldnt I worry about that now?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Guys,

I contacted a cosmetic dentist in my area and I set up an internship for myself for about a month this summer. I am really really excited and was wondering if there is anything I shouldnt ask him. You know, like asking something that seems harmless but is actually offensive to a practicing dentist. I read a post on here and someone did that and a few of you picked up on it immediately. So I was just wondering, among all the things that I want to ask, what shouldnt be asked?

Also, he said on the phone that being in a practice is more than just science its also business. I will only be there for about a month, should I try to get acquainted with the business side of it as well or shouldnt I worry about that now?

Thanks!

Take in as muuuch as you can. But, focus mainly on the dentistry part. Ask lots of questions (at the right times). And nothing like "how much money do you make" or "do you ever wish you were a real doctor" etc, you know. I usually ask a lot about procedures mainly.