Summer MCAT Study Schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laxgirl06

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. It's been awhile since I last posted on here, but I wanted to ask you guys a serious question. I'm currently at a summer program, and have a lot of free time; on the weekends and on weekdays. Unfortunately, I haven't done anything productive during the few weeks I've been here. Fortunately, I still have 9 weeks before school starts. What should I do to study for the MCAT? What daily "study activities" should I be doing to study, improve my critical reading, etc.? Which resources are the best? (Websites would be helpful too) Finally, I hope to take a six week MCAT prep program next summer. What should my study plan be during the school year? I know this is a lot but bear with me, I'm shooting for a 526. I just don't want to continue wasting my time at this program.

Members don't see this ad.

when are you planning on taking the test?

btw, you can't get a 526 by just deciding one day "screw it, I'm gonna start studying for the MCAT". it helps to have a long-term plan with a clear focus on the road ahead.

The earliest time I would take the test is next June (June 2016), but, if need be, I would be able to take it the following Dec or January (of 2017). So I would have at least eleven months until I take it.

And I know. I'm starting to prepare now. And 526 was just a number but anything in the 93+ percentile would be great.

Members don't see this ad :)
What year are you? If you're a freshman, you shouldn't worry about studying for the MCAT so early (how much material do you remember from what you learned a year ago?)

I'm a rising junior. I don't remember much from last year or freshman year. T_T

Since you are not taking it until next year, start reading art journals, literary reviews, for CARS and practice reading scientific journals. Learn to read charts and graphs until it is second nature. It is too early to do content review. Any MCAT prep books we recommend now will have been changed, since all the test prep companies will be revising their material based on feedback from actual test takers.

Reactions: 1 user
Download the app acceleread, mess around with it from time to time, it will help your reading speed and comprehension so that when it comes time you can save a significant amount of time in cars

Reactions: 1 user