Summer Remediation Class for Histology and Physiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PaperSnowAGhost

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken a summer remediation course after failing the class during the year? I'm a first year medical student and might be taking Medical Histology through Drexel University this summer and Medical Physiology at the University of Vermont.

If anyone has taken these classes, what's the workload like? How intense are the classes? Would it be possible to handle the workload of both classes at the same time? Histology is an online course and Physiology is on campus so I would be able to take them together, but I definitely don't want to fail (again). Even if you have taken another summer remediation class that is not Histology or Physiology, I would really appreciate ANY advice. THANKS!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I didn't know med schools allowed you to remediate by taking an online class somewhere else. They usually make you retake the course at the institution.

Reactions: 1 user
Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
If you take a remediation exam, it will be at your own school given by the course director of your class. If you have to retake the whole course, it is usually elsewhere since not all schools offer every course during the summer. Here's the AAMC website for Summer Makeup Courses. The directory of courses is the PDF on the far right column:
https://www.aamc.org/students/medstudents/summermakeup/
My point is most med schools have you retake the course when it's offered at that institution.

My school requires us to take it over the summer at an accredited institution and pass the class before entering the M2 year.

Just to clarify, my initial question was about the summer classes themselves, not the retake policies since policies vary from school to school. Do you know anything about Histo or Physio over the summer? Thanks for your input

Last edited: