Summer Research Acceptance Thread (REU, SURF, SURP, SIP, etc.) 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zobasity

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some people have started getting acceptances and I know many, myself included, are eager to see which places have started sending notification.

Similar like the same thread from last year.

Members don't see this ad.

Got accepted to RiSE at Rutgers University and University of Oregon NSF REU Program both of Feb.1st.
Still waiting to hear back from Leadership Alliance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got accepted to RiSE at Rutgers University and University of Oregon NSF REU Program both of Feb.1st.
Still waiting to hear back from Leadership Alliance.

I did RISE last year...its such a great program...definitely recommend it to anyone

Did anyone apply to DAAD RISE? Has anyone done it?

Acceptances are already being reported with relevant info in this thread: Summer Research Application Thread (REU, SURF, SURP, SIP, etc.) 2012

The other thread has 5+ pages of discussion strictly about the application process. I made this thread because I found a similar one from last year (that was made in addition to the application one) to be very useful in knowing when decisions have started coming in and when to expect notifications.

For a future student next year, this thread will be more useful than flipping through pages to reach the point when people start reporting their acceptances.

The other thread has 5+ pages of discussion strictly about the application process. I made this thread because I found a similar one from last year (that was made in addition to the application one) to be very useful in knowing when decisions have started coming in and when to expect notifications.

For a future student next year, this thread will be more useful than flipping through pages to reach the point when people start reporting their acceptances.
One thread is how it has been done in the past. I'm not enforcing any sort of rule that we follow the precedent, I'm just pointing out where discussion is already occurring.

Thus far I've gotten accepted into Harvard HSCI, Gateways to the Laboratory Tri Institutional Resarch Program Weill Cornell/Rockefeller/Sloan Kettering MD-PhD program, Amgen Wash U at St. Louis, NIH SIP, U Pitt CNUP, Indiana Univ SOM MD-PhD/MD-Engineer. I got rejected by Johns Hopkins and Dartmouth MD-PhD. Still waiting on Yale, Brown, another at Harvard, St Jude, Mt. Sinai, Minnesota Neuroscience, UNM, Amgen Columbia and Boston U (yes I applied to a ridiculous amount haha)

What? You left Vandy off your list? ;) Have you had to decline some of them? Gateways is a wonderful program. If you've never been to NY before, it's a great opportunity to explore Manhattan. If you pick Amgen WashU, then I'll see you there.

Accepted to Vanderbilt's Clinical Research program from waitlist on 3/13! =]
I have not heard from Emory's SURE yet (still have awhile), but I have accepted Vandy's