Summer Research Application and Acceptance Thread (REU, SURF, SURP, SIP, AMGEN etc.) 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was talking about NYU Sackler SURP. seems troubling that I haven't heard any response either way. I've tried emailing/calling and I'm unable to get through to anyone. feels unfair for a program that charges you $20 to submit the application. I'm wondering if there's any way for me to get notified
What does your status say on their website? Have they updated your status?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they say how many students were accepted to SURF SUNY Upstate?

Still no on Mizzou... Their grad coordinator for the program has been terrible and unreliable with replying, in my experience. So, you could try asking, but I don't know if you would get a reply.

Yeah, I already emailed him once and all he said was " I have all of your application mayerials." His typo, not mine XD

Reactions: 1 users
What does your status say on their website? Have they updated your status?
If I look on the portal that they use, my app status just says "submitted" with a green check mark. should it have changed to 'in review' or something like that?

If I look on the portal that they use, my app status just says "submitted" with a green check mark. should it have changed to 'in review' or something like that?
I'm not really sure. I guess the good news is that it does not say rejected. I would call them

Still no on Mizzou... Their grad coordinator for the program has been terrible and unreliable with replying, in my experience. So, you could try asking, but I don't know if you would get a reply.

Missouri NSF REU sent acceptances out last week. There were 12 spots. In the email it said there were a lot of people on the wait list so they wanted responses within a week. If you haven't heard anything, you might be on waitlist.

Does anyone have experience with the Harvard SROH? I read through all 34 pages of this forum and haven't found much information about that specific program (though I did find out so much cool information). Also, does anyone know what are the odds of getting off the Harvard waitlist for SREIP? I have already started applying to backup summer programs, though there are very few research experience applications still open, especially in my field.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Yanks
I am uk Medical student ( we do medicine as undergrads - lucky student debt ).
I have applied for amgen at Tokyo was rejected .
I also applied to amgen Kyoto and want to know if anyone has heared back or knows when we will hear back , am debating if I need to start trying to get funding to work at my home Uni now ( Manchester ) for summer research.
In addtion as this is a us sigth I don;t know if this applies but I have also been rejected from two European amgens ( paris ( due to not being interviews ) and Switzeland ).

Anyone who has applied to kyoto it would be great to hear how you have got on .
xox

This month, every day I would think that today will be the day I finally hear back. 0-29 on guessing skills.

Reactions: 4 users
Rejection from Penn SUIP and UCSF finally emailed back to say I'm not on the waitlist.

Still waiting on SR-EIP for UChicago, Vanderbilt, and UMBC and UVA

Rejection from Cincinnati Children's today. Which is weird because I thought I already was

Rejected from Cincinnati Children's today also! Looks like I'm just chilling at home this summer....

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone been in contact with Scripps SURF or UCSD STARS? I am thinking about emailing both programs if I don't hear back by the end of the week and I want to get to right email as I've tried earlier to contact Scripps but never heard back. Thanks!

Hi I applied from the UK too. Received offer from Kyoto two weeks back. Good luck!
I presume I have been unsucessful as I read on twitter somewhere someone else had go an offer , on well , have a great time mate x

Anyone else still waiting on UCSF SRTP and/or Columbia Amgen?

Rutgers, Northwestern, and U of Michigan SROP rejections through CIC via email today.

4 rejections stand between me and another famously hot summer!

Reactions: 3 users
So I doubt any other SDNers applied to this one, but has anyone heard from Rochester Center for Visual Science URF? They said by March 31 and I'm like THATS TODAY PLEASE TELL ME.

anyone apply to georgia tech SURE? they say they will notify everyone by March 31st but I haven't received anything yet

So I doubt any other SDNers applied to this one, but has anyone heard from Rochester Center for Visual Science URF? They said by March 31 and I'm like THATS TODAY PLEASE TELL ME.

I applied to this one! I got an email today saying they're still waiting on funding so we'll hear back next friday. Did you get the same email?

Sorry to repeat my post, but does anyone here go to UCB or know PIs at Berkeley? Need help with Lab choices :p

Anyone else still waiting on UCSF SRTP and/or Columbia Amgen?
same (columbia amgen) I think at this point it would be a silent rejection. dont you have to go through a bunch of prelim steps for PI's and stuff to even be considered? At this point I think it's too late to start to go through all of that.