Program-Specific Info / Q's SUNY Downstate OT 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@erniedukes89 congrats in getting into NYU.. At least youll be starting somewhere... My interview was with a professor and it actually was short maybe 20 min.. What does your guys online applucation status say??

Members don't see this ad.

file return to admissions after committee review

Mine also says file returned to admissions after committee review. The suspense is killing me. My interview was 30 mins for the essay and an hour with an alum. For those of you who have been accepted, did you learn of your acceptance through mail or online?

Members don't see this ad :)
@erniedukes89 what does your application status say?? I feel like if the file was returned thats a good thing!! Mine just said review complete so its prob a rejection..

Where are you all looking for application status? By the admissions checklist or the actual application?

The application portal. My admissions checklist has never been updated from when I paid my application fee back in November. I thought this was kind of concerning because it seems as though last year applicants were able to learn of their acceptance through that before they got their letters in the mail. Has anyone's admission checklist been updated?

Hi guys just checked -- my application status says "FILE RETURN TO ADMISSIONS AFTER COMM. REV." So I don't think that really means anything sorry! Let me know if there's anyway I can be helpful!

I really hope we hear from them soon.. Keep us updated everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Goodluck everyone! Its the final countdown....

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys just checked -- my application status says "FILE RETURN TO ADMISSIONS AFTER COMM. REV." So I don't think that really means anything sorry! Let me know if there's anyway I can be helpful!

Did your decision come in the mail or email?

It came in the mail -- post marked for March 27th. @Chochie -- believe I said that in my first post :)

@erniedukes89 O yeah! Completely forgot you mentioned it- This waiting is seriously messing with my mind lol :dead:

Hey guys! I am also waiting to hear back from Downstate. At the interview I was told that we'd all know of the decisions by April( I thought that meant by the 1st of April ) Anyone hear anything today?

Members don't see this ad :)
I called the admissions office today- they said they got delayed sending out answers- didn't give me an actual date that everyone would know by :mad:

I called the admissions office today- they said they got delayed sending out answers- didn't give me an actual date that everyone would know by :mad:
Thanks for the update

I am also in the same boat as all of you.. got waitlisted at both NYU and Columbia so I reallllllyyyy hope I get into downstate.. I think I was one of the last ppl to interview tho - on March 21 bc of issues with my application. Good luck everyone! I think we will hear by next week at the latest!

I haven't heard anything either yet :(

Also nothing- I wonder why it's taking so long

My admissions checklist was updated today and it looks like I was either accepted or wait listed, I can't tell which! Anyone else?

@Kat792732 under accepted/alternate checklist it says "required items needed for registration" and underneath lists- deposit, final transcript, acceptance response form, outstanding pre-reqs, etc.

@Kat792732 it sounds like you might be looking at the apply yourself login that you used to submit your application. After I paid the application fee in November I received an email with a separate password and username for an admissions checklist which is what I am looking under

My admissions checklist was updated today and it looks like I was either accepted or wait listed, I can't tell which! Anyone else?
Same on mine! Is that good news?

My checklist was updated with the accepted/alternate checklist thing too. Still no decision yet though =(. I called student admissions and they said it'd be anytime between now and the start of the program that they notify us...which is not very helpful honestly...

What web browser are you using? I tried to check and nothing shows up. I remember early on in the application process I asked the admission office why it was like this and they said not to look at it because they were having technical difficulties. But hhopefully a change and status means acceptance or waitlist!

Is the checklist different than the application login page?

My checklist was updated with the accepted/alternate checklist thing too. Still no decision yet though =(. I called student admissions and they said it'd be anytime between now and the start of the program that they notify us...which is not very helpful honestly...

You mean that they would notify you anytime between now and the start of the program if you are accepted or not? That doesn't make sense, how could they not give a definite decision? My checklist hasn't been updated or my application. Still waiting...:(. I'm feeling totally hopeless at this point! I wish I just had some type of answer already.

@karixel I called yesterday and they told me the same thing. This is extremely frustrating.

It is very frustrating! Also, I think decisions come in the mail, not email. So check your mail regularly!

Hi everyone! For those who applied this year and not waitlisted last year..., Did anyone get any mail or email from admissions? I'm still waiting.. :/.

@Marshmallow09 they told me the same thing, so basically my checklist wasnt updated at all. Annnd still nada nothing. No mail nor email :/.. Who knows

Just wanted to give everyone an update. I emailed the admissions office and they said I would find out in the next two weeks. However, I did mention that I live in California so I would need to be notified sooner rather than later.

I received a letter from SUNY today! Haven't opened it yet since I'm still at work but I wanted to see if anyone else got anything in the mail today. Pretty nervous since the last person to get anything in the mail said it was a rejection letter /:

Did anyone hear anything new I'm desperate to have them answer me it's taking forever!!!!

Still nothing. I thought I'd have known by now!

I called the OT department directly, not admissions, and they told me I was placed on the alternate list.

Did they tell u what number on the waitlist u r?
Its better than a rejection.. Congrats though

Did they tell u what number on the waitlist u r?
Its better than a rejection.. Congrats though
No, but I didn't ask either. The woman I spoke with on the phone with seemed pretty reluctant to even tell me I was wait listed. She was also very surprised that I hadn't received anything in the mail yet although when I spoke on the phone with admissions they casually told me that I could receive my letter anytime from now until when classes start.

No, but I didn't ask either. The woman I spoke with on the phone with seemed pretty reluctant to even tell me I was wait listed. She was also very surprised that I hadn't received anything in the mail yet although when I spoke on the phone with admissions they casually told me that I could receive my letter anytime from now until when classes start.
Does ur application still say "file sent to committee". Or they changed ur status? And what does ur checklist say? Have they made any changes?

It has said "file returned to admissions after committee review" for about a month and about 2 weeks ago my checklist was updated

I called the OT department directly, not admissions, and they told me I was placed on the alternate list.
Hi, I was wondering what phone number the OT department is. I am trying to find it to no avail!