SUNY, ICO or SCCO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mini.mani

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently deciding between SUNY, ICO and SCCO. I need help maybe from current students about their programs and which provides better clinical experience and externships. If this helps I am a Canadian and never been away from home. I have lots of family in Los Angeles although I would still live on my own as Fullerton is a bit of a drive. I'm also close with someone who is currently at ICO but I'm not sure if I'm completely comfortable with the area yet.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently deciding between SUNY, ICO and SCCO. I need help maybe from current students about their programs and which provides better clinical experience and externships. If this helps I am a Canadian and never been away from home. I have lots of family in Los Angeles although I would still live on my own as Fullerton is a bit of a drive. I'm also close with someone who is currently at ICO but I'm not sure if I'm completely comfortable with the area yet.

Hey there. I can answer any questions you have about ICO, too. I'm not surprised that you're close with someone at ICO being from Canada, seeing as there are so many Canadians here (something like 20% of the school now...). So being Canadian, you'd fit right in, haha.

Can't speak for the other schools, necessarily, but ICO's clinical experience is pretty much top notch. I think other schools can equal it, but certainly not beat it.

Not sure what other factors you're looking at, but if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask or PM.