SUNY Optometry 3/4 Joint Degree Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cmoh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am currently a high school senior who is looking into Optometry as my career. Since I live in NJ I've been looking into the joint degree program at SUNY Optometry. Is anyone here currently in this program or has done it? Im skeptical because I'm not guaranteed to be accepted into SUNY. What is the process of this program like? What do i do if i finish my third year of undergrad and do not get into SUNY?

Members don't see this ad.

I am doing a similar thing with PCO. The application process in my case is exactly the same as someone who is not in the program. You simply apply a year earlier. You would be like me, applying beginning of junior year. Do optomcas (online application similar to commonapp), take the OAT, go to an interview. If you don't get accepted you can apply again the following year.

I am doing a similar thing with PCO. The application process in my case is exactly the same as someone who is not in the program. You simply apply a year earlier. You would be like me, applying beginning of junior year. Do optomcas (online application similar to commonapp), take the OAT, go to an interview. If you don't get accepted you can apply again the following year.