SUNY Upstate Masters program worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toriz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im wondering if anyone has done the Masters program at SUNY Upstate and if they can provide any feedback on it. I was accepted this summer into the Masters program for medical technology and was confused about the conditional acceptance. Can anyone give any more info about the "conditional acceptance" and if they have had success in the program (as in, after finishing the program they were/are med students at SUNY Upstate) ?

Members don't see this ad.

I know of people who went through that program and are now med students, and one who actually just started this fall. Did you enroll into the program? feel free to message me.

What's the Master's program called and which one are you a part of? I'm interested.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's called a masters program in medical technology. You can only be referred to the program though apparently, but I am really confused myself

It's called a masters program in medical technology. You can only be referred to the program though apparently, but I am really confused myself
If you were accepted to it, does that mean you applied to Upstate last year, interviewed, but not accepted? Couldn't you ask the program administrator? That would probably be the most useful source... In any case, from the brochure on the main page (http://www.upstate.edu/com/document/medical_scholars_brochure.pdf), it says:

The Medical Scholars program has shown success from the beginning.
• In 2006, the first year of the program, all three graduates enrolled in our College of Medicine. One student was asked toconsider the MD/PhD program.
• In 2007, all five students in the Medical Scholars program enrolled in medical school.
• In 2008, four students from the Medical Scholars program enrolled in our College of Medicine.
• In 2009, all five students in the Medical Scholars program enrolled in our College of Medicine.
• In 2010, all four students in the Medical Scholars program enrolled in our College of Medicine.

Reactions: 1 user