SUNY Upstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

USArmyDoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received a letter from SUNY Upstate notifying me that I am on HOLD. To me this is somewhat of a positive sign as I have a pretty damn low MCAT and they could of rejected me straight out with no hesitation. I am going to send out a packet to them with an update on two public health projects I am working on. Does anyone know what these HOLD letters mean? Is there a chance to get an acceptance? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

USArmyDoc said:
I received a letter from SUNY Upstate notifying me that I am on HOLD. To me this is somewhat of a positive sign as I have a pretty damn low MCAT and they could of rejected me straight out with no hesitation. I am going to send out a packet to them with an update on two public health projects I am working on. Does anyone know what these HOLD letters mean? Is there a chance to get an acceptance? Thanks

Hey, I am in the same boat as you and I spoke to an admissions director from Upstate regarding this. She said that it's a good idea to send in additional materials since applicants from hold are sometimes offered interviews. Good luck.

RayhanS1282 said:
Hey, I am in the same boat as you and I spoke to an admissions director from Upstate regarding this. She said that it's a good idea to send in additional materials since applicants from hold are sometimes offered interviews. Good luck.

Just wrote my letter and told them about some pretty cool things I am taking part in. I'll PM you with some more details.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't mean to burst any bubbles, but I was put on the high priority alternate list and I did not get off. The HP list hasn't gotten used too extensively the last two years. But you never know I guess. Good luck guys.

USArmyDoc said:

is this pre or post interview? either way its not a rejection :)
i haven't heard anything from them :(

Pre-interview and to the other poster who was on the high priority list. I totally understand what you are saying. I am not expecting anything to come from it but if you knew me a little more and the stuff that was going on this is pretty surprising considering certain aspects of my app.