Supplemental Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PolymeraseIII

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, so I have a question about a supplemental application. I may be over-thinking it, but I just want a second opinion. One of the schools I applied to sent an e-mail saying to go ahead and fill out a supplemental. They want me to print it off though, and then mail it in. Is it unprofessional to fold it and mail it in a regular envelope? Or should I not fold it and put it into a bigger one then send it? Or again, does it not matter and I'm just over-thinking it?

Members don't see this ad.

Alright, so I have a question about a supplemental application. I may be over-thinking it, but I just want a second opinion. One of the schools I applied to sent an e-mail saying to go ahead and fill out a supplemental. They want me to print it off though, and then mail it in. Is it unprofessional to fold it and mail it in a regular envelope? Or should I not fold it and put it into a bigger one then send it? Or again, does it not matter and I'm just over-thinking it?

You are over thinking them! They don't compare you to other applicants just because your paper is folded..lol that's very shady. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
In a supplemental essay, is it okay to abbreviate the school's name when you mention them, once you have written out the full name once? Or is that too unprofessional?

I think its fine. I did that for my essay.

ex: bleh bleh bleh University of California, San Diego [UCSD] bleh bleh
bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh UCSD bleh bleh bleh

I would put it in a big envelope it looks more professional than to fold it like a letter. Remember you are still competing/impressing so any extra's count.