Supplementary Essay Requests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BxC

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know some programs request a supplementary essay stated on their website, but I was curious to know: if I've been receiving requests for supplements after submitting my ERAS if that's a good sign and it means I've passed their screening, or if they just send that request out to everyone who applied to them through ERAS?

Members don't see this ad.

I know some programs request a supplementary essay stated on their website, but I was curious to know: if I've been receiving requests for supplements after submitting my ERAS if that's a good sign and it means I've passed their screening, or if they just send that request out to everyone who applied to them through ERAS?

I would assume they send that request out to everyone who applied.

Applications aren't complete yet (MSPE and LORs are pending for many applicants), so I doubt they have been reviewed. The requests likely go to all applicants to help them screen applications.

some are on the programs website (bu, ut southwestern, vanderbilt wants an individual personal statement, upenn)

others were mailed out if you applied to the program (umass, indiana)