Support accountability Partners for Non-traditional Premed Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EMTB2MD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have an idea that I think may benefit all serious non-traditional medical school applicants here regardless where you are in the journey to becoming an MD. As a non-traditional premed it sometimes seems like the entire world is against what you want to do. Everyone in my family thinks I'm crazy to give up a lucrative financial career to enter the world of medicine. I'm looking to form a group of non-trads who are in their late 20's, 30's and even 40's to go along with me on the journey. Having an accountability partner along the way can help and motivate us to pursue our dreams. If anyone is interested in this or thinks it is a good idea then respond either here or privately. It is so easy to put our dreams on the back burner of life and not engage and take action in making our dreams a reality.

Ken

Members don't see this ad.

The line of work I am leaving is certainly not lucrative, but I am being told all the same that I shouldnt be doing this. How about mid to late 20s? I wouldn't mind some moral support!

Thanks for replying to my post! I'd love to hear your story and what you are currently doing to reach your goal. Feel free to PM me.

Ken

Members don't see this ad :)
Sure, count me in (27); haven't started a single pre-med class yet. BS in Management, currently employed by USAF and looking to begin pre-med courses in January '09 after I get out of the military.

Thanks everyone for responding! The next step is finding out where everyone is in the process.

Here is my information:

32 Years old
Biology degree from University of Delaware (1998)
Currently work in the financial industry
Have been Volunteering as an EMTB for the past 2 years
I need to meet with my premed advisor at my school and see what I need to do in order to get a committee letter for med school.
I also need to take organic chemistry in the fall.

Ken

Education: Interdisciplinary degree (emphasis Psychobiology), UC Berkeley
Employment: Clinical research coordinator, UCSF-East Bay Surgery Dept.
Volunteering: Nothing right now, but have been an HIV test counselor, ER volunteer, volunteer EMT for the Red Cross.
In Process: Taking the MCAT. First thought on April 5th, then May 27th, and now may have to push back to June 13th because I'm presenting my study at Grand Rounds on May 29th. (!!! - just found this out YESTERDAY, yikes!). Need to finish my PS, open my AAMC account, chose my schools, get my transcripts together, and get the rest of my LORs in.

EEK! :D

Education: B.S. Management, University of Phoenix Online (estimated grad date is Dec '08)
Employment: USAF Munitions Systems Inspector (Sep '02-Dec '08)
Volunteering: Current heli-pad volunteer at Balad AB, Iraq Theatre Hospital
In Process: Seriously analyzing past grades and investigating if course retakes would be appropriate. Developed a detailed 2.5 year plan at a four year California State college that I haven't even applied to yet and am currently saving all the moola that I'm making in the desert so that I can dedicate myself to pre-med in Spring '09 and not have to work during school. Oh, yeah, I've read Med School Confidential and four other books on "what to do to get into med school" supplemented by some very interesting neurosurgery stories (Ben Carson, Vatovick etc.) and two MCAT prep books. Still, after all that reading (and getting my sister to loan me her teacher's edition chemistry book), I'm at the extreme beginning of my journey. Right now, I'm just trying to gain a broad perspective of what I'm in for so that I can be as prepared as I can be.

Count me in as well...

Education: B.A. Communications - Radio/TV and Advertising/PR (2001)
Employment: Audio Production Industry
Volunteering: Haven't started yet...
In Process: I started back this semester (Spring 08) at local CC. I'm retaking a class to get back in the swing of things and to improve a grade and plan on transferring to a University in the fall. I pretty much have to take all of the science pre-reqs so I've still got a few years before I can apply and be prepared for the MCAT.

Good luck everybody!!

Michael J.

-myself-

Education: B.A. History/ minor in Classics UC Santa Cruz '07
Employment: Currently patient transporter... Former movie theater projectionist, barista, delivery guy, etc. No real "first career"
Volunteering: A bit in a soup kitchen/ Habitat for Humanity in undergrad. Otherwise not much.

Studied abroad my senior year and worked in a hospital in Europe for 9 months. Shadowed/ translated articles/ scrubbed into surgery/ attended surgical conference in Rome. Decided Law School was not for me after all.

So now I'm just starting, finishing up Gen Chem I and Animal Bio at a Cal State, plan on MCAT and AMCAS next summer. Am I the youngest one here so far?

Woo!

Education: Working on my first bachelors. Just started school recently with a few semesters over the past few years, here and there.
Employment: Various customer service and management jobs, for the past year or so I have worked in Cellular Telephone customer service.
Volunteering: Haven't started yet...I am having a lot of trouble finding anything that I can do that's not folding bed sheets and filing papers with no qualifications. Advice greatly appreciated.
In Process: Working on transferring from the community college I was taking some general ed at, to the University. Haven't taken the science classes yet, excited about getting into that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Education: I am currently working on my undergraduate degree in Biology.
Employment: I am currently employed at my college, but not working fulltime.
Volunteering: I shadowed a couple doctors, but I am looking to get some
more clinical experience. I am looking into volunteering abroad in Kenya.
In Process: I was originally going to apply in the summer of '09, but realized that I would be a better applicant if I applied in summer of '10 after I graduate. I am currently getting into routine to study for the MCAT. I plan on taking it sometime next year. Also, I am finishing my pre-reqs as well as taking a couple upper division biology courses.

hi guys! I got you guys all beat! I am
age 41
education old dominion unversity
biology was a pych major but wanted more
of a bio base than physch
experience planning on becoming an ent and by the way for pepole who don't know
most cities will pay for you to become an emt books and all paid! just have to give them 2 years back. check into it
voleentaring haven't start that yet but plan on hit just about every dept I can!
haven't taken the mcat not even close!
work experience think
iam going to become a
ekg tech
ecs I am going to do
somethhing with the humane socity and sometthing else
I think that's it
oh yeah I am going to try to get published.
ok now I thinl I done

You might also want to consider enlisting non-trads who successfully made it into med-school. Someone who has already walked the path you're on and has endured the doubts of those around them would likely be a valuable mentor. I suspect that many such non-trads would be willing to be involved in such a capacity.

You might also want to consider enlisting non-trads who successfully made it into med-school. Someone who has already walked the path you're on and has endured the doubts of those around them would likely be a valuable mentor. I suspect that many such non-trads would be willing to be involved in such a capacity.
I'd be happy to help if you need anything along those lines. 36 year old first year med student (for only 16 more days, but who's counting) in California, background in teaching and business.

Education: Need to take one intro. biology lab to complete BA in Biology from UT Austin. I originally took it at a CC and UT will not accept it.
Employment: Clinical Research Coordinator
Volunteering: Nothing currently, but my husband and I are about to begin volunteering for the International Rescue Committee, mentoring refugees. In the past: ESL teacher, mentor for pregnant teen.
In Process: Well, I have been waffling for years. I need to complete that lab and then take physics. I also need to do GPA damage control. I put together a long-term plan to take about 60 hours of additional coursework. I plan to apply for 2011. I know that is a long way off and I struggle with the age issue, but I do not have a glimmer of hope of getting in before then. I would also like to complete an MPH during my glide year.

Not Dead Yet,

I would love to hear your story about your journey to med school.

Thanks,

Ken

you stuggle with the age issue. being 41 I have about 2 more years to go. any helpful advise would be nice. I have thought about other things its just that I really like to go to med school. things
happened in my life. should I get a mph? iam not sure here.

pyschmdtobe,

Are you looking to get your EMT-B certification or your EMT-P (paramedic) certification. Just curious. Most medical schools are not going to know the difference between an EMT-B and an EMT-P. EMT-B certification is MUCH easier and quicker to get. I took an accelerated EMT class and was done in a month and a half. we had 24 hours of clinicals at a local ED which was the highlight of the entire course. I got the opportunity to ventilate people, take histories, help out with trauma patients, etc. As far as experience goes, you would probably see a lot more volunteering in a hospital. For a non-traditional however, the hours are better being an EMT. I volunteer at night from 12-6am which allows me to still work full time and take classes in the evening at night (starting this fall). The only thing I miss is sleep but then again if I really cared about my sleep medicine is probably not the right field to go into.

Ken

I would love to hear your story about your journey to med school.
I graduated from college in 1994 and was a teacher for five years. I moved from there into education and technology consulting, drifting more into pure technology. I worked for myself, contracting to companies for a lot of years.

About five years ago, I decided to become a doctor. I did some volunteering and took a night class at a junior college to make sure my brain was still up to it. After I did well, I enrolled in a postbac and quit my job, living off of loans and going to school full-time plus volunteering more.

I applied to med school without having gotten my MCAT back so I applied very broadly (36 schools) which resulted in 5 interviews, 2 waitlists and 3 acceptances.

My advice, both having gone through the process and now helping interview for my medical school? Do not try to fit in. It's esay for nontrads to be self-conscious about being different. So they compensate by trying to look just like everyone esle, which is the worst thing you can do.

Celebrate the fact that you're different. You have probably done more living than your typical applicant. Highlight that fact in your personal statement and experiences through rich stories that show what sort of person you are and what kind of life you've led.

You might be suprised at how relatively little folks will be interested in your summer washing out test tubes, six months of kicking around an the ER, or volunteering at Habitat or a soup kitchen. They've seen it a million times before.

What makes you different? What makes you you? Most 22 year old applicants are very much a work in process, so their stories aren't all that interesting. You're more than likely a fully grown adult by now. So who are you?

I didn't experience any negative feedback because of my age or nontraditional background. In fact, at every interview, the folks I talked to all to a one expressed how nice it was to talk to someone different and with something to say. If you've lived any kind of life, it will be the subject of much of your inteview.

All that said, do not expect any breaks because of your age. The sword cuts both ways. Schools will not discriminate against you because of age, but they won't give you any allowances either. Do not say, "I don't have time to volunteer." Tough. Make time. If you can't find time in your life to work full-time and volunteer, you won't find time to study medicine. Do not say, "I could have gotten better grades, but i was working." Too bad. You need to reprioritize things so that school comes first.

Last piece of advice is not to rush it. I don't know anyone who missed out on medical school because they took the process slowly, but I know many who lost out because they tried to rush things and get in on a tough timeline, getting grades or lack of clinical experience that cost them admission.

Best of luck to all...

Most medical schools are not going to know the difference between an EMT-B and an EMT-P. EMT-B certification is MUCH easier and quicker to get.
Actually, one important thing to keep in mind is that most folks in med school admissions will care zero about an EMT. They all know that it's a 120 hour course taught at the high school education level.

What will impress adcoms is experiences you've had with it. Do not get an EMT thinking it will help with admissions. But if you're going to put it to good use, then folks will like to see it. Most EMT jobs give very little experience to talk about (shuttle runs and whatnot). But if you can get on a 911 service or (better, imho) get an ER Tech type job, you'll get lots to talk about.

Hello everyone,

I have an idea that I think may benefit all serious non-traditional medical school applicants here regardless where you are in the journey to becoming an MD. As a non-traditional premed it sometimes seems like the entire world is against what you want to do. Everyone in my family thinks I'm crazy to give up a lucrative financial career to enter the world of medicine. I'm looking to form a group of non-trads who are in their late 20's, 30's and even 40's to go along with me on the journey. Having an accountability partner along the way can help and motivate us to pursue our dreams. If anyone is interested in this or thinks it is a good idea then respond either here or privately. It is so easy to put our dreams on the back burner of life and not engage and take action in making our dreams a reality.

Ken

Sounds like a plan. You just got one more member.

Here's my info:

Education: AS in Computer Science; Couple of college credits towards a Human Services (Psychology) degree
Employment: Unit Clerk on a Surgery/Cardiothoracic Surgery floor for a State Hospital
Volunteering: Not yet
In Process: Just applied to a couple of BS programs in my home city.

The journey begins...

ken,

I just wanted to do it for the experience.because it
was something that I alwayed wanted to do.
I plan on getting my experience in the er in one of the hospitals around here
level 1 trama center,
so I should get explose to a lot of things. so much to do
so much to do.....

I'm in!!

Education: PhD 2009 (expected), MA 2007, BA 2003
Employment: Graduate Assistant
Volunteering: None, but significant clinical experience (degree in EEG)
In Process: About to apply in June. Finished all the pre-reqs and did my best to bring up horrible performance as an undergrad. GPA 3.3, BCPM 3.4 (see profile on MDapps for GPA breakdown), MCAT 28. Scores are probably too low for allopathic schools in the US. Also applied abroad to Australia. Recent MSAR stats are very discouraging.

Education: BA-Communication & Rhetoric, BS-Psychology, Post-Bacc Premed
Employment: Research Assistant, bar bouncer
Volunteering: Volunteer-UPMC Western Psych, Research Intern-UPMC, nothing since 2004
In process: MCAT in July or August. Just had 2nd interview for job at UPenn Med.

I think this is a great idea - when I did my informal post-bacc I had two study/MCAT/premed buddies and it helped. I also read SDN a lot and planned carefully with my wife.

I am 49 and will start DO school at COMP in about a month as I decided to do the summer anatomy intensive to "perhaps" make the first semester of school a little lighter in some aspect.

If you search my posts there are a lot more details.

What a great idea. Count me in! I look forward to getting to know some of you better, and the ability to offer support in any capacity...

Education: Associates in Psychology; starting BA in Psych (along with prereqs) at FAU in the fall (quitting my job and relocating down south, in order to focus 100% on school.)
Employment: Currently, administrative assistant in a Pediatric ICU at a large teaching hospital; I have also worked as a nurse tech and unit secretary for the last 6 years.
Volunteering: I volunteer at a local non-profit organization that offers theraputic horseback riding lessons to physically and emotionally handicapped children and adults. When I move south in the fall, I will be volunteering with a local AIDS group.
In Process: Working on my bachelors and premed reqs. I am giving myself a good two years before I even think about taking the MCAT...I have worked fulltime the past two years to finance my AA, and now I will finally have the ability to focus soley on my studies and extracurriculars. Looking forward to it!

I'm considering going to medical school for the fall of 2010.
I just finished my P2 year as a pharmacy student in New Orleans, La. Expected graduation date of May, 2010.
BA degree in German from Louisiana State University (2006)
Undergrad overall GPA of 3.42
Current Pharmacy school GPA of ~3.4
I plan on taking the MCAT in August or April.

My advice, both having gone through the process and now helping interview for my medical school? Do not try to fit in. It's esay for nontrads to be self-conscious about being different. So they compensate by trying to look just like everyone esle, which is the worst thing you can do.

Celebrate the fact that you're different. You have probably done more living than your typical applicant. Highlight that fact in your personal statement and experiences through rich stories that show what sort of person you are and what kind of life you've led.

You might be suprised at how relatively little folks will be interested in your summer washing out test tubes, six months of kicking around an the ER, or volunteering at Habitat or a soup kitchen. They've seen it a million times before.

What makes you different? What makes you you? Most 22 year old applicants are very much a work in process, so their stories aren't all that interesting. You're more than likely a fully grown adult by now. So who are you?

I didn't experience any negative feedback because of my age or nontraditional background. In fact, at every interview, the folks I talked to all to a one expressed how nice it was to talk to someone different and with something to say. If you've lived any kind of life, it will be the subject of much of your inteview.

All that said, do not expect any breaks because of your age. The sword cuts both ways. Schools will not discriminate against you because of age, but they won't give you any allowances either. Do not say, "I don't have time to volunteer." Tough. Make time. If you can't find time in your life to work full-time and volunteer, you won't find time to study medicine. Do not say, "I could have gotten better grades, but i was working." Too bad. You need to reprioritize things so that school comes first.

Last piece of advice is not to rush it. I don't know anyone who missed out on medical school because they took the process slowly, but I know many who lost out because they tried to rush things and get in on a tough timeline, getting grades or lack of clinical experience that cost them admission.

Best of luck to all...

+1

Great advice and reflects my experiences as well.

Realize that you have skills that no other pre-med around you has. Don't be afraid to leverage those skills for your benefit. It can be your foot in the door to great experiences.

I was a software engineer. Once I started my post-bacc I looked around for a research project to join. I found a clinical research study looking for someone to help with their study database. Bingo. They needed computer help and I was willing to work for peanuts so long as I got research expeirence and patient contact. It was an easy sell. That relationship spawned an independent research project for me that got picked up for a presentation by an international conference. I also networked through the department and eventually ended up working on pet clinical computer projects for the Dept. Chair. That work was of course leveraged into a very powerful LOR for my application.

At 29 y/o I applied EDP to that medical school and was accepted. No doubt my previous life as a software engineer opened doors to experiences and forged relationships that helped my quest for a medical school acceptance. (The 4.0 post-bacc and 33 MCAT didn't hurt, either.)

My wife was not initially supportive of my decision to quit my job and enroll in a post-bacc. That was not what she thought she was getting into when we got married and medicine is a huge committment for the entire family. Now she's my biggest champion. It just took time for her to come around. You've been thinking about this for years but for them it's out of the blue and comes with a lot of uncertainty. Be patient with people around you as they transition to your "new" life.

And once you get accepted you'll hear a lot of, "I knew you could do it!" Try not to roll your eyes. ;)

So what year is everyone planning on applying?? Me 2010 cycle:):)

Education: Just transfered in last semester to start on a Bio and Chem double, kicking it up to full time in the fall, will graduate in 2011
Employment: Currently working in an electronics lab for missile systems for the Air Force, will be done with this gig in August
Volunteering: Not really sure where/when to begin here
In Process: Squaring away the last steps to transition from fulltime employment to fulltime student, learning all I can about the road ahead

Is it pretty normal to finish your undergrad and then matriculate the following year?

This would be hard to pull off as you would be having the interviewing and the end of you undergraduate terms simultaneously. Hmmmm the MCAT would need to be done at the end of your pre-reqs but before........ and so on.

It could be done if your last year had no pre-requisites and classes that you could miss easily.

Hmmmm...... perhaps it could be done, but why?

This would be hard to pull off as you would be having the interviewing and the end of you undergraduate terms simultaneously. Hmmmm the MCAT would need to be done at the end of your pre-reqs but before........ and so on.

It could be done if your last year had no pre-requisites and classes that you could miss easily.

Hmmmm...... perhaps it could be done, but why?

I was actually thinking I'd MCAT at end of the year before graduating, as I'm going to have ochem, physics, and calc 1&2 that year. It's going to be a terrible year. Might as well hit it while everything is fresh in my head.
My "senior" year is just going to be upper level electives, a semester of english, and senior thesis stuff.

Maybe I'm still misunderstanding what the application and interview process entails, but I thought everything functioned in the same timeframe as undergraduate matriculation... applying towards the end of your last year, crushing out some interviews, and hoping for good word in time to get where you need to be.
It seems like to do otherwise would just be a year spent sitting on your thumb, you know?

Education: B.S. Computer Science Engineering from UCSD
Employment: Network Engineer
Volunteering: 50 hours shadowing a surgeon, 36 hours at Hoag Hospital
In Process: Took MCAT 4/18/08, 75% done with PS, need to get LORs in, need to get transcripts out, need to narrow down schools

Please see mdapplicants profile for more details :)

Another non-trad med student here to offer help in any way I can.

Hi Vith,
The typical advice is to get your application ready as soon as AACOMAS and AMAS open up (I think they are starting up the application process for 2009 entrance right now). This doesn't mean that everything has to be done but they will not process your application until you are complete. It can take weeks to get your transcripts verified and your GPA officially calculated. In my case I had everything in by the beginning of June and was just waiting on my final grade for my summer class and my MCAT which I took mid August. My first interviews were in October, and I was accepted at one of those spots and had to put a hefty deposit down to hold that seat while I waited to see if I would get an interview/acceptance at my number one spot. Many people have to do this as the schools, of course, are not coordinated. Thanks goodness I had an interview/acceptance at my most wanted school before I had to put down any more cash.

There is also the waitlist situation where you may not know until right before the school year starts. Look at the timelines on the application sites. You may be able to do it if you can leave school to go interview. I just found a job at a clinic that was flexible for my interview schedule.

Best of Luck -

Hello

I am 26 yrs old and a registered nurse who is starting med school this summer so i am willing to give advice too...especially to other nurses or healthcare professionals out there who are changing careers...

Education: BA-Communication & Rhetoric, BS-Psychology, Post-Bacc Premed
Employment: Research Assistant, bar bouncer
Volunteering: Volunteer-UPMC Western Psych, Research Intern-UPMC, nothing since 2004
In process: MCAT in July or August. Just had 2nd interview for job at UPenn Med.

Your Bar Bouncer training probably trumps every lame-*** thing I've seen on this board. go for it. We've got way to many light-weights in medicine right now that have lived a sheltered life in the suburbs and are clueless about the pimps, junkies, and ****** they'll spend the rest of their natural life working with.

It's annoying and frustrating working with some of these golden boys. They don't know the first thing about what their pts are up against in life.

Count me in. Should we have a get together of non-traditionals in our area? It'd be great to have someone checking in with your progress.

Education: B.A. Psychology
Employment: Analyst
Volunteering: Searching for one right now, but in the past: volunteered for an elementary school that had a lot of inner city kids (100+ hours in 2 months while working), shadowed optometrists for 3 months, few months of doing yoga therapy work for people with disabilities, volunteered to write articles for a health conscious magazine and gotten my article published in their health newsletter, ~4 years collecting data for optometrist-researchers, mentored inner city high school kids, chaperoned kids with disabilities for sport events, notetaker for a student with disabilities for one semester
In Process: Searching for best schools to complete pre-med courses and places to do volunteer work with sick kids.

Count me in. Should we have a get together of non-traditionals in our area? It'd be great to have someone checking in with your progress.

Education: B.A. Psychology
Employment: Analyst
Volunteering: Searching for one right now, but in the past: volunteered for an elementary school that had a lot of inner city kids (100+ hours in 2 months while working), shadowed optometrists for 3 months, few months of doing yoga therapy work for people with disabilities, volunteered to write articles for a health conscious magazine and gotten my article published in their health newsletter, ~4 years collecting data for optometrist-researchers, mentored inner city high school kids, chaperoned kids with disabilities for sport events, notetaker for a student with disabilities for one semester
In Process: Searching for best schools to complete pre-med courses and places to do volunteer work with sick kids.

So what year is everyone planning on applying?? Me 2010 cycle:):)

2011. yep. 2011. That is, if I can remember enough to ace my pre-meds...I won't even be out of the military until December '08.

FYI. Nerve=AMMOPIG

Education: Psychology BA, Biology BS, and some MS level classes @ Rudgers University
Employment: In the past: Dental assist., Cashier, Assist Mgr for large Tux company/Seamstres, Retail Store Mgr 6yrs, Paralegal P/T, ER unit clerk/EMT-b . Right now:SHAM of 3 (which is more work than all the othr stuff I did put together:laugh:)
Volunteering: Nothing right now, but have many ER volunteer hrs, EMT-b and immigrant paralegal work for local community.
In Process: Taking the MCAT. First thought on June 13, then July 8, and may have to push back to Sept. because I don't feel ready and going overseas for 2 months. Need to adjust my PS, get my transcripts together, meet with Admt. Director before submit. and think I need more recent lor. Plan to apply this year or next (depending on MCAT score and when I take it!)

2011. yep. 2011. That is, if I can remember enough to ace my pre-meds...I won't even be out of the military until December '08.

FYI. Nerve=AMMOPIG

Where will you be migrating to?? Are you taking classes now?? Cool we should stick together while applying lol.

count me in.

Education: AS degree Liberal Art & Science, Medical office practice (certificate), B.S Physician Assistants(PA) (graduated yesterday...May 17:)
Employment: meat/food processing/machine operator (Factory worker) x 4yrs, Medical Assistant x 3.5yrs at a family practice clinic;....just offer a job in the ER as a PA to start in July.
Volunteering: 2+yrs hospital volunteer as a medical assistant.
In process: MCAT in september or may postpones March 2009.

count me in.

Education: AS degree Liberal Art & Science, Medical office practice (certificate), B.S Physician Assistants(PA) (graduated yesterday...May 17:)
Employment: meat/food processing/machine operator (Factory worker) x 4yrs, Medical Assistant x 3.5yrs at a family practice clinic;....just offer a job in the ER as a PA to start in July.
Volunteering: 2+yrs hospital volunteer as a medical assistant.
In process: MCAT in september or may postpones March 2009.

Are you applying next year??

Education: B.S. in Psychology (almost) with post-bacc. work in biology
Employment: several years retail during early college years (I started right after I turned 18), billing manager for psychiatrist (3 years)
Volunteering: None yet but going to be working with a battered women's shelter starting this summer
In process: Finishing up my degree and taking the MCAT next April (if I can get the physics down, otherwise next August at the latest) and applying when the AMCAS open next year. Hoping to matriculate in 2010.

I know I'm probably younger than most here but as I've been holding a full-time job during most of my college career I don't fit in with the more traditional college-med school-then work crowd.

Education: Undergrad student Human Biology
Employment: United States Marine Corps
Volunteering: Currently Volunteering in the ER along with applying for an internship in june
In Process: Studying and planning upcomming classes.