Support Group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Castro Viejo

Papa Clot Buster
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone out there overwhelmed with moving to a new city, starting a fellowship, being asked by various faculty to "get our projects off the ground," and then trying to find time to study for the boards all the while trying to study enough for work so that you don't look like a major ass at the new hospital?

KC was right... Fellowship just about killed every bit of my time to read SDN. Hopefully after August 14th it'll be okay. :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone out there overwhelmed with moving to a new city, starting a fellowship, being asked by various faculty to "get our projects off the ground," and then trying to find time to study for the boards all the while trying to study enough for work so that you don't look like a major ass at the new hospital?

Yeah - me. Feels like I just finished unpacking and it's already the end of July with 20 days left to freak out about the writtens. I've been given about 30 journal articles to read in the first 3 weeks of fellowship, plus 4 for Monday's journal club. Between studying for work and studying for the boards, I choose going to the bar.

Members don't see this ad :)

KC was right... Fellowship just about killed every bit of my time to read SDN. Hopefully after August 14th it'll be okay. :scared:

Hah! Did I say that?

As I recall, I took a leave of absence from SDN last summer for exactly what you are describing. Its tough.

As soon as they get to know you and your scintillating personality, you will be fine. I can tell you that hopping on SDN was one of my outlets. It was friendly and familiar.

I had the movers from Satan - still finding stuff that was chipped and broken- but other than that, it was jump in; hold your nose and start swimming. Odd thing was that as soon as I hit the OR, I was totally at home. (I still hate cold weather).

I'm glad I still have 4 more years before I have to worry about fellowship.

No wait, no I'm not.

:(