Surgical Atlas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gasknight

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could you comment on which head and neck surgical atlases you would recommend?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Meyers is pretty good for a broad surgical atlas, it covers the basic head and neck stuff well. That is the only one I have bought. You can look to articles and other subspecialty texts for other more specifics things. I. E. Urken flap book. Baker local flap book. Brackmann/Arriaga otologic surgery. Wormald endoscopic sinus surgery.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Meyers is good for describing the operation and relevant anatomy.

Janfazza is a solid H&N anatomy textbook with some clinical correlation in side notes throughout the text. I bought this text in residency.

Agreed that the best way is with subspecialty texts that go into far more detail and offer more relevance to the practicing ENT and resident. Your department should have most available for you to borrow on a short term basis - liase with your senior residents and residency director.

Meyers is good for describing the operation and relevant anatomy.

Janfazza is a solid H&N anatomy textbook with some clinical correlation in side notes throughout the text. I bought this text in residency.

Agreed that the best way is with subspecialty texts that go into far more detail and offer more relevance to the practicing ENT and resident. Your department should have most available for you to borrow on a short term basis - liase with your senior residents and residency director.

I like Janfaza a lot. It is a bit pricey though. Worked well for me in away rotations and will hopefully do the same in residency.

I like Janfaza a lot. It is a bit pricey though. Worked well for me in away rotations and will hopefully do the same in residency.

Did you actually buy the thing for aways?

My school's library copy is apparently lost. I was going to rely on my Netter's "H&N Anatomy for Dentistry" for my sub-I and away.

I was going to wait on buying big texts until I have access to resident's book fund/fat stacks of resident salary.

Did you actually buy the thing for aways?

My school's library copy is apparently lost. I was going to rely on my Netter's "H&N Anatomy for Dentistry" for my sub-I and away.

I was going to wait on buying big texts until I have access to resident's book fund/fat stacks of resident salary.

I did because I had some extra source of $ that most medical students don't have. And I knew that ENT is what I wanted to do with the rest of my career. This is probably a different situation compared to most other students. Anyways it is a very nice book.