Survey Time! Hardest Topic!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheBoneDoctah

Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the one topic that gives you the toughest time? The one that even after doing question after question you just can't seem to remember that one equation or concept?

Members don't see this ad.

Kinematics. I cannot figure out what it is, but i suck at it.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm always uneasy with titration and equilibrium/solubility. I can do the problems but I always get a little anxious when I see it.

I don't know why but every time Newton's law of gravitation comes up I completely mess it up...I'm fine with the rest of mechanics....wtf

Reactions: 1 user
All the fluid stuff usually has me like "....what" when I first read it but I've gotten better. Gen chem wise probably the galvanic cell/electrochemistry stuff

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have any good sources to learn lenses?

What I did for my content review. I looked up the topics in, Mcat-review.org to get a quick review. Then I went to Chad's videos.....they helped A LOT!!! Then I went through the book. Thermodynamics isn't half bad but for some reasons I still don't understand lenses.

Hardest topic? Hm, I hate regression discontinuity designs…and interest rate swaps. Oh and don't forget Modigliani-Miller. Doesn't matter how much I study those things, I just can't get a handle on them.

:p

For those of you who hate kinematics, the secret is doing a tonne of practice. Like, every problem in whatever prep book you have on that topic. Don't even complain until you have done every problem.

I used to hate it. In fact, I dropped math in grade 9, avoided math all through college and managed to take physics without a math background. So kinematics was horrific for me. But I'm convinced anyone can do kinematics, if I can. I used think choosing what equation applies is extremely difficult but you get used to the problem types. Now, I know what equation to use before I even finish reading the problem. Blood, sweat and tears, people.

But to answer the question in this thread....my worst topic is anything to do with orgo synthesis. I hope it's not on the MCAT.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
But to answer the question in this thread....my worst topic is anything to do with orgo synthesis. I hope it's not on the MCAT.
It's not. Even if it's there as a passage, they'll be testing fundamentals.

Reactions: 1 user
For those of you who hate kinematics, the secret is doing a tonne of practice. Like, every problem in whatever prep book you have on that topic. Don't even complain until you have done every problem.

I used to hate it. In fact, I dropped math in grade 9, avoided math all through college and managed to take physics without a math background. So kinematics was horrific for me. But I'm convinced anyone can do kinematics, if I can. I used think choosing what equation applies is extremely difficult but you get used to the problem types. Now, I know what equation to use before I even finish reading the problem. Blood, sweat and tears, people.

Oh, I loved Organic Chem synthesis! It was like a puzzle to solve.