survive prelim

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Beamarati

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is my situation,
I am an IMG who graduated in 2007, done residency back home in a sub specialty that I matched into last year. My problem is that I have been away from internal medicine for 6 years, I have no wards experience, my sub is out pt only. Currently I am doing a preliminary IM medicine year, so far I am still panicking alot and I don't know what I am doing, sometimes the team will discuss an issue for a pt and I cannot understand what they want or the test to order. I have no IM basic knowledge no experience and I am stressed out, i lost my self confidence, sometimes I feel that I will kill my pts and that's scares me alot. I am spending alot of time in the wards and everyday I am violating my duty hours. The calls, admissions and the pager are my worst nightmares as I am not used to it. Every one is nice to me , but I can not catch anything.

Help please, how can I survive it?

Members don't see this ad.

Take a deep breath. Utilize your health insurance to seek supportive therapy from someone nearby.

Also, befriend someone above you to help give you the information you need to keep yourself grounded throughout this terrible time.