Syrian dental student, HELP!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lost-1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I studied 3 years, and due to the war, I couldn't complete. I have been sitting at home without further education for a year now and feeling so damn depressed. I studied so hard to maintain my gpa full, and now can't even finish. I am trying to leave and finish my degree abroad, but yeah, no one welcomes us. I found a decent uni in UAE, they will accept me if I provided all documents, but said that they no more issue visas and I should do it on my own. So, do anyone know if UAE grants Syrians student visas? Please, anyone help with anything. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello guys,
I am ready to teach students struggling to give NBDE exam. If you need tutoring please be free to inbox me.I have completed NBDE part 1 and part 2 and dental school in US. I love teaching and interacting with people.

Hey Lost-1,

I was studying in Syria as well and I was in the same exact situation as you. I reached my 4th year, 1st semester and had to stop. I ended up postponing my studies for a year and a half, and like you, I was super depressed. I emailed every dental school in the world but none of them would agree to transfer enough of my credits. I'd have to go back to 1st/2nd year. As for the UAE, dental schools there don't transfer many credits and they haven't been giving visas to Syrian students.

After a year and a half of feeling lost I came across a university in North Cyprus called Near East University. They transferred all my credits and I was able to pick up right where I left off.
I've been there for a year now and while it isn't my perfect dream university and it was a bit tough to get used to the way things work I've been quite happy there and the fact that they transferred all my credits was great. Also it's super easy to get a visa as a Syrian student. You have to take a Turkish language course but you can take this while you're studying so you won't waste any years learning the language, and all our exams are in English.

You can check out their website www.neu.edu.tr and if you're interested just post/pm me and I can help you out.
Best of luck!