Tacky question for LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted678432

I've worked in a OMFS practice for several years and plan to ask the doctors here for my LORs. Is it tacky/disrespectful to ask the UMich grad for a LOR only to UMich, a UNC grad for only UNC, etc. and then one for all my intended schools that don't have an alum at my practice? Or is this acceptable? Or do I need one doctor for all of my schools?
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

The AADSAS portal maxes you out at 4 LOR's IIRC. The majority of the schools require 2-3 letters from (science) professors, so you have to plan accordingly.

There are some schools that will accept LOR's directly through their Admissions Office mailing address and will add to your file, and there are others that will only take those that are uploaded via AADSAS.

Reactions: 1 user
The content is what matters in the letter, not where the writer went to school.

Members don't see this ad :)
The AADSAS portal maxes you out at 4 LOR's IIRC. The majority of the schools require 2-3 letters from (science) professors, so you have to plan accordingly.

There are some schools that will accept LOR's directly through their Admissions Office mailing address and will add to your file, and there are others that will only take those that are uploaded via AADSAS.
Thanks a lot

I've worked in a OMFS practice for several years and plan to ask the doctors here for my LORs. Is it tacky/disrespectful to ask the UMich grad for a LOR only to UMich, a UNC grad for only UNC, etc. and then one for all my intended schools that don't have an alum at my practice? Or is this acceptable? Or do I need one doctor for all of my schools?
Thank you

I dont know how much that will help. For example, the deans of admission at the school I will be attending both went to different institutions. Also you can only put 4 LORs on the AADSAS app, you can add and delete them for specific schools. Pick the best 4 people you know and have 2 sciences professor, and maybe one dentist, one employer or lab PI if you did research or maybe even a community service advisor