Take DAT early and submit it or study more and submit it later

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

archonsbk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am still studying for DAT and I am wondering whether I should sign up for DAT early June (Which means I can study for between a week and 2 weeks) and submit the application asap or should I study for about 3 to 4 weeks later.

I heard that if your DAT score isn't submitted, your application won't be reviewed.. is that true? Also, can I submit the score after the 2nd time I am taking (which I assume will be around September since you can't take DAT for 3 months) it?

Members don't see this ad.

Understand the situation but you know best.

do you think you will score well if u give it early? do u not feel prepared?

Id say do it right FIRST time. Wait 2 Weeks if it means getting better score. If I feel confident then take it early.

But don't base your decision on simply submitting in your application the earliest. Base it on weather you feel ready 2 take the exam

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Hi,

I am still studying for DAT and I am wondering whether I should sign up for DAT early June (Which means I can study for between a week and 2 weeks) and submit the application asap or should I study for about 3 to 4 weeks later.

I heard that if your DAT score isn't submitted, your application won't be reviewed.. is that true? Also, can I submit the score after the 2nd time I am taking (which I assume will be around September since you can't take DAT for 3 months) it?

You can submit your app before you take the DAT to ensure its processed by AADSAS. Once you take the DAT it takes 2 weeks for it go to on your file and then the app is deemed complete. Schools do not review applicants w/o DAT scores or LORs. I wouldn't rush taking the DAT unless you're 100% ready. While it's better to apply early June vs. late June, its although better to apply with a higher DAT score vs. a lower one. Good luck.