Take it now or delay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ohgodidonteven

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking to take the MCAT August 20th and I'm currently enrolled in the Kaplan course that ends August 5th. However, I'm doing research right now full-time as well as volunteering and a bunch of other activities. Basically, this leaves me with very little time to study (a few nights a week and Sunday). I have just started studying at the begnining of June and given the length/breath of the MCAT, am not sure if it is a good idea to still take it on the 20th. My diaganostic exam (without prior preparation) score was a 28 and I'm looking to increase that. Would trying to study through the first semester (should be an easy one) of junior year and winter break to take the test in Jan. be a better decision? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm, that's some of the problem really. I'm discipled enough to study for my classes, but I could see potential conflicts coming from whether or not I do classwork or MCATwork. Kaplan would let me take the course during the semester I believe...