Take MCAT in January or wait for next September?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

graden

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I delayed my MCAT from September until January because I had to take 2 4 credit summer classes to catch up, along with an EMT class (which, in retrospect, I regret taking). Now I'm taking 2 upper level bio courses mandatory for graduation along with 3 electives, and still feel swamped with work (at a medical doctor's office, who I can have a DO write me a LOR).

I was wondering if it'd be better to just squeeze some time everyday or drop a class, so I can focus on studying for the MCAT this January or actually wait until next September, so I can study properly during the summer I graduate. The only problem with this is that I'd have to study the new material and would have a problem getting the LORs from my professors after I graduate (unless they're usually willing to write them for students that graduated).

What would you guys do in my situation?

EDIT: This would probably me more appropriate in the pre-med DO section. Can someone move it to that section? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: