take notes during Step 2 CS patient hx?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ultane123

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
assuming you make normal eye contact, can you take notes when taking your patient history on the Step 2 CS exam? is this frowned upon? from what i hear, they give you paper and a clipboard for this purpose. any clarification would be great. exam in 4 days....
thanks
u

Members don't see this ad.

i took notes. and i felt like i forgot a lot of things. i made sure i made eye contact and just did my thing. i passed. don't pay too much attention to all the freak out posts. i did...and i freaked out.
good luck!

thanks for the quick responses.

lord_jeebus, i assume you took notes also during your patient histories (and also passed!)?

Members don't see this ad :)
assuming you make normal eye contact, can you take notes when taking your patient history on the Step 2 CS exam? is this frowned upon? from what i hear, they give you paper and a clipboard for this purpose. any clarification would be great. exam in 4 days....
thanks
u

yes, they give you 12 sheets of paper, a clipboard and 2 pens. You have a fresh sheet of paper to use for each pt and refer back to when writing your note. They then collect that sheet when you finish your note and trash it, ie it doesnt get scored.