Take the MCAT with outstanding pre-reqs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psychgrad1004

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I need some advice. My plan is to take ochem II this semester while studying for the MCAT (April test). I hope to apply in June and complete physics II and and biochem in the remainder of the year. Does this sound reasonable? I do not want to put off applying until next year unless I have to. I know students who had to reapply likely due to not submitting their apps early, so I do not want to wait until summer to take the MCAT if I am going to apply this year.

By the way, I already have a B.S. and have taken more than the required bio classes. The only outstanding pre-reqs would be biohem and physics II.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

From what I have heard biochem is one of the fundamental subjects in the new MCAT. I think you should heavily think about whether if you want to take it before taking biochem or not. You should see what the MCAT test takers have said about the importance of biochem in the new MCAT

Please use the search function, this has been discussed multiple times; and the general consensus is that it is Scholastic suicide. ESP since you haven't completed Orgo II yet, and you plan on taking this test less than 4 months away.
Don't take it now, wait until you're ready. Take some practice exams, and kill it the first time you take it.

Sniper style one shot one kill.

The MCAT is a test you should only take when you are most prepared to earn a high score. It is not a test to be tried and then taken again. You will be in the best position to earn your highest maximum score after completing all recommended classes and studying heavily for several months.