Taking 1 Prereq Online

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ehwhatsupdoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've been seeing mixed feelings regarding taking prereqs online. As of right now I only have Physics II left to take and I've been having trouble gaining a seat at a regular brick and mortar. It's really in demand around NYC/Long Island area and being a non-degree student since I've already finished my bachelors several years ago means I'm last to register. Now there is this regionally accredited State University of New York school called Empire State college, they have option to take courses/degrees fully online or hybrid. They offer Physics II and the lab component uses an electric kit that you have to purchase and do from home. Now I don't see why this wouldn't be acceptable? Could anyone please shed some light on this? Also say I take Physics II at a community college (in class), would this be preferable than taking it online at a 4 year school like Empire?

Members don't see this ad.

So I just heard back from Upstate, they do not accept courses taken online. I'm guessing the same is true for UB, Stoney Brook, and Downstate.