Taking 10.5 credits? (Part-time) bad impression?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yankpak786

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took up a Spanish course this semester (accidently, that my advisor put me in), only to have her just recently tell me, that I do not need it for this semester, it's 6 credits, so I once I drop it, I'll have 10.5 credits remaining. Physics is 4.5 and 2 major classes at 3 credits each.

Does this give off a bad impression to adcoms? And can I edit this on the AADSAS application "classes in progress" when it re-opens in order to reflect the changes I made? (Currently says 16.5 credits on AADSAS due to inclusion of Spanish) So worried D:

Members don't see this ad.

I think it's fine. It is only Spanish. If it was an upper level science course it may matter, but as long as it is a language I don't see the problem with dropping, and being part-time. Just be sure to update it. If you really want to you could even call each school just to update them.

I think it's fine. It is only Spanish. If it was an upper level science course it may matter, but as long as it is a language I don't see the problem with dropping, and being part-time. Just be sure to update it. If you really want to you could even call each school just to update them.
I hope so... I've been full time every semester but one, and registration period is over, so it just makes me feel a little uncomfortable.

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope so... I've been full time every semester but one, and registration period is over, so it just makes me feel a little uncomfortable.

If it makes you feel better I was part-time my second semester and I have interviews. As long as you are taking the required work and doing well in your classes that is what is important. Not a single spanish course you decided not to pick!

Alright, sorry for bringing this up again lol.

But now that I'm getting interviews; in my interview, should I bring becoming part-time up? I mean, I don't want them to think I don't know how to make a schedule or don't know what classes I need... should I just wait for the academic update period (late Dec. for me) to update it and essentially inform schools then? I just don't wanna risk anything >.< I'm so worried rn, ****

You are one paranoid man... They may ask you what class you are taking. Be honest and you're fine. You don't need to mention that you dropped Spanish and I doubt they would care.

You are one paranoid man... They may ask you what class you are taking. Be honest and you're fine. You don't need to mention that you dropped Spanish and I doubt they would care.
*sigh* yeah, especially in this case, I don't wanna risk anything at this stage. Do you think it would be okay to just wait it out until academic update and then just drop it from my list of courses? So that kind of puts it on them if they wanna ask me about it or not...

*sigh* yeah, especially in this case, I don't wanna risk anything at this stage. Do you think it would be okay to just wait it out until academic update and then just drop it from my list of courses? So that kind of puts it on them if they wanna ask me about it or not...
Again, it's a Spanish class. If you were interviewing at PR, than it would matter. Just make the change in the academic update. You'll be fine man. At this point, there is nothing major that can affect your application except going to jail. So just behave and you'll be good lol

Again, it's a Spanish class. If you were interviewing at PR, than it would matter. Just make the change in the academic update. You'll be fine man. At this point, there is nothing major that can affect your application except going to jail. So just behave and you'll be good lol
Haha, thanks man! I'll just do the academic update and just wow them at the interview. You're right :)

I wouldn't take any chances...definitely enroll in another course at your local community college.

I'm not sure I understand..you dropped the course after the drop date? So it will show as a W on your transcript?

I'm not sure I understand..you dropped the course after the drop date? So it will show as a W on your transcript?
No, I dropped it before the W period even began. It is NOT even in my transcript; however, I included the course in the Planned/In Progress Academic Courses on my AADSAS Application... I'm just going to wait for academic update to change it, and hopefully that works out.

i don't think so, as long as you have the prerequisite you're in the safe side

No, I dropped it before the W period even began. It is NOT even in my transcript; however, I included the course in the Planned/In Progress Academic Courses on my AADSAS Application... I'm just going to wait for academic update to change it, and hopefully that works out.

Oh I see what you mean. I'm sure it will all work out..good luck to you!

Oh I see what you mean. I'm sure it will all work out..good luck to you!
Thanks, I feel better about it lately too, it's just Spanish, not even required for me or for the school

I took 6 hours my last semester of college lol. 3 were online. Didn't stop me from getting in.

Just make sure you're filling your time wisely.

I took 6 hours my last semester of college lol. 3 were online. Didn't stop me from getting in.

Just make sure you're filling your time wisely.
AH, yeah, def! I've begun tutoring on the side, and continue my regular extracurriculars. Thanks a lot, man! :)