Taking a Cab Vs. Driving on Interview Day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZekeMD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would any of you advise taking a cab to your interview even if you have a car? My thinking is that there's no worry about parking or getting lost. If anyone has done this could you let me know if you had any problems. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by ZekeMD
Would any of you advise taking a cab to your interview even if you have a car? My thinking is that there's no worry about parking or getting lost. If anyone has done this could you let me know if you had any problems. Thanks.

there's always the possibility that the cab driver could get lost. this didn't happen to me prior to an interview, but it's happened to me before and caused me to be late for appointments.

I'd take a cab mainly because I have a really bad sense of direction when it comes to finding things. So far where I've interviewed at, I've used public transportation. I just left really early.

Members don't see this ad :)
This doesn't apply to the OP necessarily, but I thought I'd throw it out there for everyone else. I found when I visited Michigan that it was equally expensive to rent a car (with the $30 under-25 surcharge) for a day as it was to get transportation to/from the airport and to/from the school. The added convenience of being able to drive myself made the choice an easy one. If you're gonna have to drive more than short distances, it's probably best to rent a car.

it depends on where you interview. if you interview in nyc, you might be better off with a cab (or public transportation :) ), because although the cabs are semi-expensive, driving in ny is REALLY bad, especially during rush hour. plus, teh streets can get kinda confusing if you dont know where you are going cause a lot of them are always closed for repairs and stuff. also, you'd end up paying more for parking (cause there won't be any spots on the street so you'd have to use a parking garage) then the cab would cost.

in other places, i don't know what you would use. i would look at how confusing the place is, sense of direction, accessibility to parking, stuff like that.

If you get an inteview at MSU....

They have a taxi service called. Big Daddy Taxi....

i mean come on....who wouldnt want to ride the big daddy?

:D

and now i shall be quiet...;)