Taking A&P at community college as a transient?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TooMuchPressure

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there are many threads on this and I looked at a bunch of them but I need some opinions on my background. Please don't hate me. I started at a CC(did dual enrollment in high school so I figured I might finish AA after graduating high school) and did my AA there, then I transferred to a University. At the CC I took 1 year of general chem and 1 year of Biology. My first year of University I took Orgo chem 1 and ended up dropping it. To be completely honest I wasn't ready for it but if I tried harder I could have managed a B. I know this is a terrible mentality but I think I have changed. After having somewhat of a mental breakdown I think I am more prepared now and more ready to take it seriously. Coming to my question, should I take A&P 1 and 2 as a transient at the same CC I came from since it isn't a prerequisite or is it looked down upon. My major is health professions and it requires A&P, which are also pre-requisites for other classes such as patho 1 and 2.

Members don't see this ad.

You already took your bio/chem pre reqs at a CC it seems so adding a&p to that list won't make much of a difference. Good luck

Nope, doesn't make a difference. You're fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
From an actual requirements perspective, you're fine. From a learning perspective, I suggest you take as few science courses as possible at the community college level--they are just not on the same level as university courses. You admit to struggling with university courses, and the solution to that problem is to acclimate to the increased rigor of the university environment, not to regress to what is intrinsically easier. You'll be better off in the end.

At the end of it, do well on your mcat. Retake wherever it fits your schedule/budget.