Taking bio 1 at cc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chillingpanda

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
1. Chill out, panda.
2. Do you plan to take any upper level bio classes at your 4yr university? Not all med schools accept CC prereqs (although the number is growing), and would like to see a full year of bio at the university level.

Ya I plan to take bio 2 and a higher level course for my biomedical degree. I live in Florida if that helps
I think that should be fine, since you'll have a full year of bio at your 4yr school.

A lot of people start at CC and then transfer, so they have prereqs from CCs. It looks a little more suspicious to have prereqs done at CC while enrolled elsewhere, but I don't think it's a huge deal, especially if you follow it up with a good bit of upper level science courses at your university.

Members don't see this ad :)
Taking biology at a CC that transfers to the 4 year university is perfectly acceptable. I finished bio 101, 102 this year (12th grade) and will finish A et P part one this summer before I start my fall classes at my 4 year. Unless you plan to attend your 4 year university and take no more biology courses,then you should not;however, according to your own admission you plan to continue biology at your university.

I was coming back to delete my account, but read this interesting post. It was actually a troll post. It is impossible Simpson I am .

Last edited:
Only reason I took it was because my university only offers it online right now, & it's very difficult to get a bio 1 spot during fall

It's because

DOn't TAKE IT ONLINE! You will miss out.