Taking Extra Upper Div Bio P/F

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DressageGal

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am already at 20 hours of science courses (6 of these hours are research credits). Would med schools frown upon me taking an upper div bio as p/f only on top of this? I don't need the course, and don't want to add a lot of stress to my schedule by taking it for the grade, but I am really interested in the topic and would love credit for going. I dont want it to look like I can't handle upper div bios however.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Would this be your only course listed as a P/F? (...or at least one of very few?)

If you have already demonstrated your ability to "handle upper division bio" classes with good grades in a large selection of courses, then I can't imagine that one P/F course would raise any red flags.

However, if you've been peppering your transcript with several P/F courses then you might raise an eyebrow.

Reactions: 1 users
If it is the only P/F course you will have taken as I would presume since you're prompting this type of question, then no, it will not matter at all.

This is exactly the type of situation a P/F credit is used for, and the reasoning you used (if you were to be asked, which you won't) would perfectly satisfy most interviewers.

Obviously, if you're going to get an A anyways, it would be beneficial to just take it for a grade, but if you don't want to worry about it at all but want to see and learn relevant material without stress and time commitment, this is a great way to do that.