Taking lab for Chem 1 a semester after the concurrent class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fleedon

The Warthog
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So for the upcoming fall semester I'll be taking Chem Principles 1, but I plan on taking the lab that is concurrent with the class for spring semester. A counselor that was with me while scheduling classes said that it might be too rigorous to take the lab fall semester, being that I am scheduled to take:
  • General Biology 1 [Biol 110] (yes, with a lab)
  • Introductory Psychology [Psych 100]
  • Calc w/ principles in Bio 1 [Math 140B]
  • Chem Principles 1 [Chem 110]
  • 1st Year Seminar in Science [Psu 016]
  • Peer-Learning in Bio [Biol 003]
4hZpYSt.png

The lab that is concurrent with the chem 110 is only a 1 credit course and is a very difficult class. I feel like I should go with my counselor's advice, but I see some other Pre-med classmates who are taking the lab with the classes above. Now whether or not they will succeed on that path is beyond me, but I figure that the counselor must know what plan has the highest success rate. If I take the advice, my 4 year plan will look something like this: http://science.psu.edu/premed/docs/premedicine-rap-mcat-2015

Let me know what you guys think and I thank you all in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Take it in the spring. Focus on getting good grades in the fall.

It's totally fine if you do. Labs at m school are exceptionally long so a lot of people actually take them in the summer.