Taking Microbiology in high school?

Deuro

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a junior in high school and enrolled at the university in the town where i reside. This summer i am taking spanish 2 and calc 2. In the fall i am taking calc3 ,microbiology, physics 1, and spanish3. I have already taken college algebra, precalc, U.S history, AP credit for U.S govt and English lang. Composition. I am currently taking span1, chem2, calc1, and economics. I will make A's in all of these classes if i keep staying on track. I have a 3.9 GPA in high school and a 3.5 at the university. How hard is microbiology? Would it be a great idea while still in high school? Will my 3.5 university GPA hurt me? ( i want to apply to Ivy League). Will taking these classes hurt me if i make all B's and not any A's?

Members don't see this ad.

Why are you pushing yourself so much? You are going to be burned out before you even get to college! Take the classes you can do well in to open up the best opportunities for college admissions. I am not knowledgeable in that department nor do I know any SDNers to tag that are.

Microbiology is memorization heavy, and I think it is easy (I enjoy the subject matter though).

EDIT: Ivy for UG or medical school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just a heads up, your application to medical school will include all collegiate courses you have ever taken, including ones taken in high school. A 3.5 is not a strongly competitive GPA, so you will already have that to overcome. Microbio is usually a moderately difficult class, and if you are likely to get a B in it, you should refrain from taking it at this stage.

Reactions: 1 users
Just a heads up, your application to medical school will include all collegiate courses you have ever taken, including ones taken in high school.

even if said collegiate courses were taken at a community college? if so, then I'm off to a hell of a start :D

Reactions: 1 user