Taking NAPLEX for 3rd time need some advice!!! :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

madawi26

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all :) So, I am unfortunately taking my NAPLEX for a third time around, and needed some advice from you all :) I used the newest RxPrep books in terms of preparation with these past two times...never used anything else. I am leaning now more towards ProntoPass, but I feel like their information is not detailed enough...am I wrong on that? I feel like I won't be that well prepared, but I may be entirely wrong.

Anyone ONLY used ProntoPass to prepare for the NAPLEX and successfully passed it? If so, how long did you study and what was your score?

I'm just so frustrated at this point honestly...any advice you all might have would be so greatly appreciated...thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I used just RXprep and SDN120. You need to know the math well or u will fail. Don't overwhelm urself with more books.

Read the questions carefully, sometimes you can eliminate the 1-3 choices just from reading the questions (such as allergic to a member of a drug class). Also, even though you don't know which questions are counted, dwelling on one question with the thought that it might be counted would be very wasting a lot of time. You don't know --> you don't know, move on. Best of luck to you :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi if I were you, you should take the PassNaplexNow course. It is amazing and very direct at what you need to know to pass the test. I tried RxPrep and ProntoPass but neither helped as much as PassNaplexNow. All other books give you everything where this course tells you to the point of what exactly you should know and what the naplex asks for. They give you practice questions and go over patient profiles thoroughly. Definitely try to take the live courses but if not the web are the same exact thing. Also these lectures are not as boring as other lectures. They have liveliness and give you great mnemonics to memorize the difficult things.

I used just rxprep and studied about 2-3 chapters a day for 7-8 weeks and got a score of 101 finished pharm school with a 3.3 gap so its not an impossible task. The questions at the end of each chapter are VERY similar to the type of questions they ask on the actual exam I thought, so I used those to test myself after reading. I made flashcards on things i knew i wouldn't remember well while reading it and like certain brand and generics. Also you should learn the brand/generics name for ALL combinations drugs in rxprep (ex. lotrel- amlodipine/benazepril)… i had at least 4 or 5 questions on this. Try to find as many practice questions as you can out there and make some up yourself to keep quizzing yourself. And like everyone says, you have to know your math really well. So practice math every day and you'll be fine!