Taking OAT again in September, need advice on applying! Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optdest

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the OAT in June and got a 290. I'm planning on retaking it in September, but submitting my Optomcas application sometime this month.

Has anyone submitted their application with not so good OAT scores and a plan to retake it again?

Were you accepted? Or did you not hear from any schools until after you retook it? Please help!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my optomcas with no OAT scores and was still invited for an interview. My acceptance was contingent on my OAT score though.

I submitted my optomcas with no OAT scores and was still invited for an interview. My acceptance was contingent on my OAT score though.

Do you know if most schools would give interviews with no OAT score?

Do you know if most schools would give interviews with no OAT score?
Not most schools do so. All schools I applied last year wait for my oat before grant an interview. I submitted mine application in October and took oat in January. As far as I know, ICO and PCO sometimes offer interview before oat. Maybe due to their larger class size. However, they still wait after you submit your oat to grant admission.