Taking old MCAT after Jan 23, 2015 (accommodation)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tardigradepower

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how many of us are taking the old MCAT after Jan 23 due to a testing center unavailability, accommodation, etc,? And how is everyone feeling? I'm scheduled for next week, and I know there must be a few also taking then due to problems with a NYC testing center. Since this is not an official date I'm just hoping to get some confirmation from other people in the same shoes. Just thought we could have a thread to support each other for this last date possible, as far as I know, for the old MCAT.

Members don't see this ad.

i'm taking mine next week too but not feeling too confident about it
I feel like very rarely someone will ever go in feeling completely confident to take this test, and it's completely normal to feel like that. Did you have a testing center malfunction too?

Was suppose to take the test on the 10th of January but there was a snow storm in the area

Members don't see this ad :)
I am surprised and pleased that the AAMC does this. It is extremely reasonable of them. Almost uncharacteristic.

Reactions: 3 users
Agreed. I'm extremely thankful that aamc does this. I wonder if we'll get completely new questions or get recycled ones from previous tests, cause it sounded from other threads that some of the january ones were brutal

I am surprised and pleased that the AAMC does this. It is extremely reasonable of them. Almost uncharacteristic.
Except for the part where their scores are marked as non-standard, causing a red flag automatically without adcoms have a chance to holistically loom at their apps.

Except for the part where their scores are marked as non-standard, causing a red flag automatically without adcoms have a chance to holistically loom at their apps.

Why would these scores be flagged as non-standard? AAMC had some testing sites in NY close due to weather and rescheduled people to take the test later in the month.

Even these scores are "accommodated"? I don't know, but if what you are saying is correct - that really sucks.

Why would these scores be flagged as non-standard? AAMC had some testing sites in NY close due to weather and rescheduled people to take the test later in the month.

Even these scores are "accommodated"? I don't know, but if what you are saying is correct - that really sucks.
Oh I assumed these were special accommodations. If it was a rescheduling issue then I guess they would be fine.

Oh I assumed these were special accommodations. If it was a rescheduling issue then I guess they would be fine.

The exams were rescheduled a few days before due to "environmental issues". Fellow test-takers on 1/10 were informed that they needed to contact AAMC to be rescheduled for a different date - they were then given a later date.

That's good that you were wrong - it would really be lame if they actually flagged people for things out of their control.

The exams were rescheduled a few days before due to "environmental issues". Fellow test-takers on 1/10 were informed that they needed to contact AAMC to be rescheduled for a different date - they were then given a later date.

That's good that you were wrong - it would really be lame if they actually flagged people for things out of their control.
Thankfully I had no trouble testing here in Texas. AAMC has earned a token of appreciation from me for doing this :)

Reactions: 1 user
Yea sorry about the confusion guys, many of these rescheduling were due to weather issues and testing center unavailability. They did give me an accommodation ticket tho.

Other threads have mostly discredited the idea that the "non-standard administration" flag is harmful. The med schools don't know why you got the flag, and it could be something like your proctor fell asleep, or there was a power outage (both real examples).

As someone else said, "an asterisk is an asterisk", and they see a lot of them.

Good luck everyone...............i'm wondering, what date do we expect our scores back?

Good luck everyone...............i'm wondering, what date do we expect our scores back?
Yea I'm wondering that too, but right now I'm trying not to think too much about it until after the test. Hope they send us an email when it's available

Reactions: 1 user