Taking quarter off = bad ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bruinlove

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have to help my father full-time from now til july. Although I will attend classes this quarter somehow, I think I will have to take next quarter off. Do you guys think it will drastically affect my chance in next cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think so if you have a valid explanation. It seems you have a valid one.

I have to help my father full-time from now til july. Although I will attend classes this quarter somehow, I think I will have to take next quarter off. Do you guys think it will drastically affect my chance in next cycle?

I took one off without a valid excuse and it was never mentioned.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey man,
I took 11 YEARS off and still got in, don't worry about one quarter!!!

:)

it'll be 3 years i took off by the time i start DS, no regrets. just be prepared to explain what/why you did what you did, if they ask.

Thank you for replying. But, I meant that I will be taking quarter off before graduation. So, I will have a little gap in my academic career.

Thank you for replying. But, I meant that I will be taking quarter off before graduation. So, I will have a little gap in my academic career.

I think there is a section in some applications that asks you to explain why a gap exists on your transcript. Just state you situation and you'll be okay.