taking quarter off?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

californiamed

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
really need advice: I have 2 classes left to graduate which fit my schedule only for Spring Quarter (Long story short I finished everything 4th year of spring, but my counselor told me that I needed another 2 courses for my minor since they changed the requirements. It's so stupid, because I only took 1 class fall, and now have to wait until Spring). So i'm taking winter quarter off. Another reason is to take care of my parent temporarily until spring.

Is it okay that I'm taking it off, or will it negatively affect my app? I'l also be continuing my clinical volunteer/work as well during that time.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
going through similar situation, anyone have input or done this before/applied? is it okay?

I almost did. If you're doing it for logistical/practical reasons, you're fine. It's only bad if it unnecessarily delays your education or if it is the result of you doing poorly in school. There is a section on AMCAS that asks you to explain any gaps in education, so just make sure you will have something good to say.

Yeah, from what I understand it is fine as long as it is not a result of academic disciplinary action or personal laziness.

Hope it all works out. Good luck.

Thanks, yeah it's not about "personal laziness" or unnecessary delay. Mainly due to just the 2 classes fitting my schedule in the spring + taking care of parent while working.
thanks for the replies :)