Taking Step 2 CK tomorrow!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

md/mph'06

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey you guys. Just wanted to thank all of you for the wonderful study tips. I sure hope it works! I am taking Step 2 tomorrow and of course my sympathetics have now completely gone into overdrive. I don't know why I'm so nervous. I've been studying since early April and my NBME exam scores have been pretty decent. exam 1- 217 and exam 2- 234. I keep hearing that the nbme exam is supposed to come pretty damn close to your actual score. if anyone's already taken step 2(and gotten their scores back), how close was your nbme score to your actual step 2 score? Anyway, wish me luck guys!

Members don't see this ad.

md/mph'06 said:
Hey you guys. Just wanted to thank all of you for the wonderful study tips. I sure hope it works! I am taking Step 2 tomorrow and of course my sympathetics have now completely gone into overdrive. I don't know why I'm so nervous. I've been studying since early April and my NBME exam scores have been pretty decent. exam 1- 217 and exam 2- 234. I keep hearing that the nbme exam is supposed to come pretty damn close to your actual score. if anyone's already taken step 2(and gotten their scores back), how close was your nbme score to your actual step 2 score? Anyway, wish me luck guys!

it'sagood predictor...
chances are, you may even do better.

congrads is in order then. looks like you got yourself a nice score for residency app's.

Thanks, SLUsagar. I needed that right now. I'm waiting on my Chinese Food to get here (I know, what a healthy meal :) ) and I'm gonna watch a movie and hit the sack by 9pm. I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks again for the support!

SLUsagar said:
it'sagood predictor...
chances are, you may even do better.

congrads is in order then. looks like you got yourself a nice score for residency app's.

md/mph'06 said:
Thanks, SLUsagar. I needed that right now. I'm waiting on my Chinese Food to get here (I know, what a healthy meal :) ) and I'm gonna watch a movie and hit the sack by 9pm. I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks again for the support!

Good luck on your test today and don't waste the time after thinking about it. We only remember the questions we think we got wrong (bc we really don't know the real answer). Be more productive, and drink till you :barf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks everyone! Well, it's been two days and I'm still recovering emotionally(lol). I think the exam went well. I felt a hell of a lot more confident walking out of step2 than i did for step 1! I don't know if this is good or bad since I actually did ok on step 1(221) even though i thought i failed. I walked out of step 2 feeling like i may have (dare i say?) aced it :idea: . Don't want to jinx myself but that's really how i felt. There was nothing I hadn't seen either on Kaplan Q-Review or MKSAP (when I did my medicine rotation jan-mar). There were some repeats from the Kaplan step 2 released items and a few repeat questions from kaplan Q-Review! All in all, my exam was mostly medicine (70%), OB/GYN-20 questions, Peds-15 questions, Psyche-15 questions, Surgery/Trauma-20 questions. I barely had any neuro ~8 questions regarding CVAs and all the lesions of the circle of willis. They did have the nerve to have a biochem question regarding an enzymatic rx that had a + delta G. But 'endergonic (requiring energy) reaction was NOT an answer choice and I had no f-----g clue about the other answer choices so i quickly clicked 'c' (statistically most utilized multiple choice answer item) and kept moving! :scared: Other than that, make sure u are well rested. I took one break to eat a sandwich and load up on more No-Doze ~20minutes. Started at 8:50am and finished at 4:42pm. My nbme exams were: exam 1-217 and exam 2-234. So we'll see...
Again, books used:
1) Crush-excellent
2) Boards and Wards-excellent
3) Blueprints OB/GYN-excellent
4) Blueprints Peds-excellent
5) NMS Medicine (as a reference only!)
6) Brochert's Platinum vignettes for Surgery & Trauma-really good!
7) reviewed some ekgs with Dubin's(had 3 ekg questions)
8) Lippincott & Williams' High Yield Psychiatry for Step 2 (B&W was enough for Psyche though)

I studied from April 4th-June 20th while on my Family Medicine and Psyche rotations. I put in about 4-6 hours/day. Hope this helps!

Good luck everyone!