Taking the OAT in a few more days...

SonyaM

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

For those of you who have already taken the OAT and have studied from Kaplan/Destroyer/Achiever, how were you scoring before you took the actual exam? I have to admit I'm getting a little nervous. I feel like I've prepared so much, but I'm worried that with the new scale, my scores will be lower.

What do you guys think? I've posted my Kaplan scores from 2 full-length exams below. Do you think it's possible for me to go up in some sections, and if so which ones?

I'm also worried about QR. I've been scoring pretty well with Kaplan, and I recently scored a 370 in math on achiever, but I'm worried that the real test may be different.

Anyways, here are my scores:

Two Kaplan Practice Tests:

Bio: 360, 390
Chem: 360, 320
Orgo: 330, 350
Physics: 330, 310
Reading: 360, 350
QR: 370, 370

Let me know what you guys think. Any input would be really helpful! :)

Members don't see this ad.

The sciences were easier on the actual test than on the practice tests I was taking. QR and RC were more time consuming on the actual tests than on the practice ones. You will be fine it looks like, good luck.

You'll be fine. The consensus and what I have noticed from people posting their scores is:

Bio: easier than practice tests, but filled with random questions you won't know

Chems: easier

QR/RC: More time consuming, harder.

Physics: easier

So...I Agree with the above poster!

OK, so I just took the opted test. Here are my scores:

Bio: 370
Chem: 370
Orgo: 360
RC: 380
Phys: 330
QR: 390

That 330 in Physics is annoying the crap out of me. Anyways, I know there's already a thread about opted vs. real OAT, but do you think the physics section on opted is about the same as the real one? Or did you find it a little easier? Please let me know. Thanks a bunch.

Members don't see this ad :)
OK, so I just took the opted test. Here are my scores:

Bio: 370
Chem: 370
Orgo: 360
RC: 380
Phys: 330
QR: 390

That 330 in Physics is annoying the crap out of me. Anyways, I know there's already a thread about opted vs. real OAT, but do you think the physics section on opted is about the same as the real one? Or did you find it a little easier? Please let me know. Thanks a bunch.

For most people, the opted test is the most accurate in terms of score. I scored about the same in the OAT and Opted.

hey..how did u think the physics section was? Did u use topscore or achiever by any chance? Cuz im not scoring too high on those and I dont know how to improve my score...

I personally thought everything except QR was a lot easier on the OAT. I was actually really surprised. The OAT Achiever was really good practice. Here's my scores: (the first is OAT Achiever the second is my test results):

QR: 300----330
RC: 300----360
Bio:310-----370
GC: 310----350
OC: 340---340
Phy:300---320
TS: 320--350
AA: 310---350