Taking the test in a week, need to calm down during the test. Help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

funkymonkey0987

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I've been meditating for the last few months...I'm sure you can find an online guide or if you have time, pick up the the book I've been using is "8 Minute Meditation." I just watch my breath and focus on it and if I find my mind wandering, I just gently return to the breath. I find this leaves me calmer and in a better state before I plunge in to the next section.

As to the easy/ hard questions, I've got the same problem. Best of luck to you!

Reactions: 1 user
My breaks usually gave me enough time to consume a single banana, drink a little water, and use the bathroom, all with an entire minute left after I sat back down (after all the body scans and fingerprinting to get back inside the test room). What helped for me was that the exam proctors were friendly and easy to talk to, helped keep my mind a bit relaxed. As for when I get back into my seat, I usually focus on breathing slowly for about 5-6 breaths (40 seconds). Clears your mind.

Warning: This method worked so well that I completely forgot what passages were in the VR section after the exam, and I still can't recall any of them. Use with caution.