Tall ("long") lab coat sources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdpharmd?

Turning lead into gold
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good source for "tall" sized lab coats? Somehow I got it in my head that META "1961 long" was tall enough, but then I found an old 44L META one that I had to have altered to even come close. Of course, no local uniform places carry any tall sizes. I'd pay for a decent one, just as long as it fit well. I feel like going to a lab coat tailor or something....

+pissed+

Members don't see this ad.

This what you're looking for JD?

http://www.lifeuniform.com/LifeUnif...alse&mscssid=03F474BBAC57D42A5B0E0694CA2C8BCA

http://www.lifeuniform.com/LifeUnif...alse&mscssid=69B51DE85DC24F1F997D55861DD32CE4

The store has a location in Glendale:
Gateway Village
6060 West Bell Road Suite 101B
Glendale, AZ 85308
Phone:602 588 0039
Hours:
Mon-Fri:10-7
Sat:10-6
Sun:12-5

Are you using long lab coats at your community site? I use a "blazer"-like consultation coat. They gave us short-sleeve coats at our white coat cremony...practical, but definitely not a good looking coat.

Opps, I use the same style as you, LV. "Consultation coat"... I just need the sleeves and torso long (extra long?). Life Uniform in Glendale is hopeless. They've already lost my order once, and they didn't even know how to place an order today. I'm not going back.

I thought that they used META coats for our white coat ceremony, but I tried on the samples and they fit REALLY well. Maybe they were Crest or Landau. I might have to try to track down the school's source. Our white coat ceremony isn't until next month, and there's no way I'm wearing that one to lab. Thanks for trying LV. I'm still open to suggestions. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I just searched the web for a half hour, and didn't find much. I'll have to call my school and see who they went through. I was just hoping that someone else on SDN was in the same boat and had a good solution. There have got to be pharmacists, doctors, PAs, lab techs, etc who are way taller than me. Where do they buy their coats?

Originally posted by jdpharmd?
Anyone know of a good source for "tall" sized lab coats? Somehow I got it in my head that META "1961 long" was tall enough, but then I found an old 44L META one that I had to have altered to even come close. Of course, no local uniform places carry any tall sizes. I'd pay for a decent one, just as long as it fit well. I feel like going to a lab coat tailor or something....

+pissed+

If you wear a long jacket in a grocery pharmacy environment don't get your feelings hurt if they mistake you for the butcher :)