Tattoos

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Beautiful tattoo, Abney! Peregrine falcon?? I love the detail. Your artist did a fantastic job capturing the spirit of the creature and wild in your body art.

I swear I'm the only person on the planet who doesn't own a smart phone. I'll have to get a friend to take a snapshot of my tattoos and I'll post them so that folks can have a look :)

Members don't see this ad :)
To join this discussion, I have 5 that I got throughout my first undergrad degree. My sis would not let me get anything "off the wall or from the internet." So, I told her what I wanted and she drew them out and then the tattoo artist cleaned them up (well, the last two that I got on my back).

They are all in areas where I can cover them up in a professional setting. The two on my ankles are smallish, so they are not too noticeable unless you are kind of close. A lot of people do not even know that I have them until I say something. I have picture stashed away on my computer that I will find and share with you guys :D

Thank you! He free handed that isn't that amazing?!
It's a kestrel :)
He did an amazing job with the free hand! It is beautiful.

Beautiful tattoo, Abney! Peregrine falcon?? I love the detail. Your artist did a fantastic job capturing the spirit of the creature and wild in your body art.

I swear I'm the only person on the planet who doesn't own a smart phone. I'll have to get a friend to take a snapshot of my tattoos and I'll post them so that folks can have a look :)

You aren't the only one without a smart phone! My parents still pay for my phone and I am too poor to branch out and get one on my own :(

It is soo hard to take a pic of your own upper arm without your face in it. This was my best effort. It is an old school style sparrow with a Latin inscription: Nec Quod Fuimusve Sumusve Cras Erimus
If you click on the tiny pic, you'll see it better.

Oh- I also don't have a smartphone. It's a choice though, I hate them.

Attachments

• tat.jpg
    tat.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 237
Reactions: 1 user
You aren't the only one without a smart phone! My parents still pay for my phone and I am too poor to branch out and get one on my own :(

Same over here :/

You have such a cute dog, CB!!!

I love all the tat pictures :D

My nerdy self got a Hobbit themed tattoo of Erebor and Smaug back in March while I was on spring break

Attachments

• IMG_0476.JPG
    IMG_0476.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 188
Members don't see this ad :)
You have such a cute dog, CB!!!

Thank you :D She was found in a dumpster and brought in by the police. She had parvo, demodex mange and was hypothermic. I am absolutely in love with that girl :love:

DUHHHH! Pics! Lol! Here's mine! It's hard to get all mine in one photo. You can't see the ones underneath my arm, it's just vampire bites on my wrist :p

And you can see most of my chest!

945961_10201352161507281_1275357085_n.jpg

Wow, I love everyone's tats! I'll have to post mine once I get home from my trip. I have 5 total, and 4 are nerd tattoos.

Here are my tats:

Attachments

• Lab Vet Dragon 640.jpg
    Lab Vet Dragon 640.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 228
  • Lab Vet Koi 640.jpg
    Lab Vet Koi 640.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 246
Reactions: 1 users
Nice. I like that

Thanks:) I'm wanting to get another one before I graduate from undergrad, but I'm not sure what I want or where. I just know that it's going to have to do with either Doctor Who or Star Trek.:D

7095119629_e2bf76db22_o.png

Celtic dog trio. The dogs represent loyalty (I'm loyal to a fault), healing (medicine, obviously), and guardianship (also protective to a fault).

I'm also obsessed with Nordic mythology/history, so I plan to integrate two ravens into it and make it a huge back design, one on each shoulder - Huginn and Muninn (thought and memory, Odin's two ravens).

The moles in a line are natural :laugh:

Devyn, what does that last one mean? I've seen it once or twice before in pics of yours.

I love looking at tattoos. :love: I've considered different ones for years and years, but will probably never pull the trigger on it.

Last one of Devyn's is for an Ironman race, I think?

Celtic dog trio. The dogs represent loyalty (I'm loyal to a fault), healing (medicine, obviously), and guardianship (also protective to a fault).

I'm also obsessed with Nordic mythology/history, so I plan to integrate two ravens into it and make it a huge back design, one on each shoulder - Huginn and Muninn (thought and memory, Odin's two ravens).

The moles in a line are natural :laugh:

Devyn, what does that last one mean? I've seen it once or twice before in pics of yours.

Oh I like yours WTF!!! :D

It is for Ironman Triathlon, so hence the little dude swimming, biking, and running then the 140.6 is the total number of miles done.

Last one of Devyn's is for an Ironman race, I think?

:thumbup: yes :)

Just have this one of my foot…

BPzPEXBCYAA1ne2.jpg

Saving up to get another one on my shoulder. Will post pics when I finally do :D

WTF, I loooove that! And I love the ravens idea! (fellow Odin fan here) :thumbup:

Great tats, everyone! Swingnsave, that's really cool :D

It is for Ironman Triathlon, so hence the little dude swimming, biking, and running then the 140.6 is the total number of miles done.

Neat! How sad is it that I didn't even recognize that they were people at first...I thought it was some sort of weird Sanskrit language and couldn't figure out why there was a random number under it :rofl: I have been reading far too many tox path papers recently, they're gumming up my brain....

My first tattoo in 2009- The elements from Avatar: The Last Airbender, my favorite show ever. On my left arm.
Tattoo.jpg

Second Tattoo 2010- Oroborous tattoo from Fullmetal Alchemist. This was taken right after but it really needs touched up. It is on my right shoulder blade.
Oroboroustattoo.jpg

My third tattoo, the hylian crest/triforce from Legend of Zelda on my left foot. Summer 2012
And fifth tattoo- Hokie tracks on my left foot and Mizzou pawprints on my right foot. Summer 2013
892783_10151860740667796_285329455_o_zps5796155f.jpg

And my favorite tattoo... Tali'zorah vas Normandy from Mass Effect. No regrets on this one, ever. I LOVE IT. It does need one final touch on it, but that can wait. No rush on it. Done October 2012 and finished January 2013. It looks so much better in person. On the left side of my calf.
312377_10151675495317796_1914795583_n_zpsce2532aa.jpg

Enjoy guys. I have a few more planned- Star Wars imperial cog, Bulbasaur, Beamer boy's pawprint... just to name a few.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I like the turn this thread has taken! Some beautiful tattoos so far. Here are two of mine, a wing and a nautical compass.

e99ogp.jpg

This thread is exacerbating my itch to get new ink!

This thread is exacerbating my itch to get new ink!

YES. Everyone's tattoos are awesome! Now I'm thinking I should get something big-ish to commemorate starting vet school... :p

YES. Everyone's tattoos are awesome! Now I'm thinking I should get something big-ish to commemorate starting vet school... :p

When I actually start my pre-req classes for real, I am getting phoenix on my back for "starting my life over".

Okay, let's see if I did this right :) As I mentioned before I came up with the ideas and my sister designed all of them, which kind of makes them a little more special for me.

The moon on my back was my very first one. The paw print says NCSU 2005 (My first degree).

Attachments

• 208397_516455162669_4211_n.jpg
    208397_516455162669_4211_n.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 136
  • 207909_516455152689_5872_n.jpg
    207909_516455152689_5872_n.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 142
  • 47_516455182629_6747_n.jpg
    47_516455182629_6747_n.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 154
Oh this thread is going to be bad for my wallet. Haha. ALWAYS want more ink...seeing other peoples' just makes it that much worse of a drive!

Anyway, here are mine. :)

Lowerback.jpg

Horseyface.jpg

Tulip.jpg

Phoenix.jpg

Mischief.jpg

I don't have any tattoos, but I really want to get something like this.
fig5.jpg

I love the bright colors, and goats are my favorite.

I really like your horseyface, abber!

I don't have any tattoos, I just wear temporary ones sometimes. :oops: