Tattoos

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I like the turn this thread has taken! Some beautiful tattoos so far. Here are two of mine, a wing and a nautical compass.

e99ogp.jpg

I agree with the other ladies...and you have nice teeth (I know that sounds weird but whatevs). Are you gay? The hot ones always are

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I notice he hasn't responded. I think we all scared him off. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
People with tattoos still get a raw deal at times. I think it largely depends on who is making the decisions on applicants at interviews. At OSU, I've attended "interview basics" type panels with vet school staff and they have made comments about tattoos before. The gist usually being that if it can be seen, it will be judged as unbecoming of a professional medical doctor. Of course, the person delivering that message specifically was an old, white, conservative, male veterinarian that hailed from the Deep South. Grain of salt, taken.

There were also strange, discriminatory comments made about fashion and weight by other people at this panel. Seriously, one non-vet woman basically said that it would be hard to take a 250 lb. consumer science major seriously. To me that was a much uglier comment than what was said about tattoos.

I had the distinct feeling that these two probably shared some other prejudices that they were less willing to discuss in mixed company. :mad:

I figure people are looking for any reason to cut you from the list, so try not to give them any extra fodder. You likely won't know these people and you won't be able to see what types of prevailing prejudices fill their heads. Cover those tattoos, remove some of those piercings, dress the part, and be mindful disclosing anything that you're not legally required to disclose.

I didn't remove any piercings. I don't have multiple face piercings, just a stud in my nose. But I do have quite a lot in my ears. I left those in. I put studs instead of hoops in the lower three holes but other than that left them be.

I know this thread is a bit old, but you all have fantastic gorgeous tattoos!!! :)

Wanted to share one of mine on my shoulder/back. Can you tell I like rats? It's a tattoo of my first rat Guinness :)

Love seeing everyone else's cool tattoos btw!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-02-04 at 10.19.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-04 at 10.19.09 PM.png
    320.1 KB · Views: 196
Reactions: 4 users
I don't have any to make the ladies swoon. :p

I seriously contemplated getting one inside each wrist, but I ended up deciding against it. I might get a wedding band one whenever that (hopefully!) happens in the future.

I was just saying yesterday that I'm feeling like I want to get a tattoo and this thread shows up again. Hmmm....

I love seeing threads like this! I often get nervous about having my tattoos and being respected in my future career.... but obviously it doesn't worry me enough to stop getting them :p Appointment on Saturday after going over a year without getting anything.. so excited ! :horns:

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't have any tattoos.....but I really want a pegasus on my foot. I just haven't figured out how to make it happen yet. Kinda like this...

95d01ed7-de4b-4097-b277-9035455df197_zps61df1a7b.jpg

I don't have any tattoos.....but I really want a pegasus on my foot. I just haven't figured out how to make it happen yet. Kinda like this...
I hope that isn't your foot because BARF TOWN those toe nails are so long.

Haha Yeah, girlfriend should have invested in a pedicure.

Haha Yeah, girlfriend should have invested in a pedicure.
Seriously, she let someone touch her feet when they looked like that? I know I have a thing about feet, toes and toe nails, but seriously. Ick.

I've been thinking about tattoos on and off, especially ever since my dad got his three. The only places I would want to get them would be in between the shoulder blades and down my sides. Plenty of my friends with tattoos have told me these are some of the most painful places to get them. Has this been your guys' experience?

For me the ribcage has been the most uncomfortable.. I wouldn't really say painful.. it's a weird sensation because the ribs start to vibrate and creates a weird feeling in the chest... and the skin feels delicate in that area... But yea, my back wasn't nearly as uncomfortable (my husband may disagree with that due to my "attitude" while getting my backpiece... but I was also sitting for 6 hours sessions and at that point nothing feels okay).

I've been thinking about tattoos on and off, especially ever since my dad got his three. The only places I would want to get them would be in between the shoulder blades and down my sides. Plenty of my friends with tattoos have told me these are some of the most painful places to get them. Has this been your guys' experience?
In between my shoulder blades wasn't bad. Ribs was bad. Middle of my back was bad. The rest of my places not so much.

95d01ed7-de4b-4097-b277-9035455df197_zps61df1a7b.jpg

Someone I worked with had paw prints going up her foot where that butterfly is. Very cute place for a tattoo.

I have tattoos on my legs, which really didn't hurt. None are right on my shins/knees, though.

Ahhhhh! I almost got a tattoo today, but didn't have the money for a proper one that I wanted. I opted instead for new peircings. By June I will have a new tattoo!

I'm wanting something Stargate related and I want a face portrait of my oldest cat(left shoulder with 3-4 paw prints as well). Probably do a Stargate gate one first.

Back of neck wasn't bad at all, back wasn't that bad, foot was a little bad, inner forearm was...bad.

I only have above my ankle... it really didn't hurt until he kept going over one spot a million times, then the slight scratch feeling became a deep scratch and became irritating.

My sister has a ton of tattoos: collarbone, wrist, ankle, foot, shoulder, back, ribs, heel. She said most painful were: ribs, when going over spine (rest of back was not bad), and heel.

I have 8 tattoos in various places, and my ribs were definitely the worst. But pain is temporary, and it's such a pretty place for tattoos!

My next big idea: getting the Egyptian goddesses Sekhmet and Bastet on my calves, one on each. Unfortunately, that will take buckets of money that I don't have yet.

Also planned: veterinary rod of Asclepius on the back of my neck, and an outline of a mouse next to it once I pass ACLAM boards.

I already posted mine- but the next one I want to get is Beamer, my heart dog's, paw print! Not sure where I'll get it quite yet, though. I also want to get something pokemon related. And, I want to expand my Mass Effect Tali'Zorah by adding some more characters and an awesome background... that will take many many years to complete (and where will I find the money?) I think the worst place for me so far was on my shoulder blade. I didn't mind a lot of places- even my feet weren't bad. The one that took 5+ hours (I did in two sessions) wasn't even that painful, but it got to a point where my whole leg just didn't feel right and it kept twitching every time he'd try to work on it some more, so I called it quits. Better to do it in two sessions right than have anything get messed up.

Reactions: 1 users
I have 2. The one on my wrist hurt, but it's small so it wasn't too bad (patchwork turtle that was my favorite toy when I was a kid). The other one is on my shoulder blade (steampunk horse). There where a few spots that really hurt, especially going over the thinner skinned part. I think it really depends on the size and detail. The outlining wasn't too bad, but going back for the details was very unpleasant. :eek:

Ahhh, see I have one on my wrist and it hurt like hell. Thankfully there's only so long a wrist tattoo can take and mine is simple so I got through it pretty easily. I've heard from others that it's one of the least painful spots (which would make me a giant wimp, which wouldn't be surprising :p), but still from others that it's one of the most painful. And although I love tattoos I haven't gone back because I'd want something that takes longer and I always like the look of the painful spots.... *sigh* maybe one day with more money and courage...

Last edited:
I've always wanted to get tattoos but never had the spare cash to get what I wanted because it'll be expensive. Some day maybe. All of your tattoos are so pretty by the way.

What a cool thread. I've got a few, but here's my "nerd" one. When the bases are coded out, the amino acid letter designations are THINK
WIN_20140213_164143 (2).JPG

Reactions: 10 users
There are a lot of hot guys at the UF vet school. One of the guys in my class said that they should compete and make their own calendar. I'd buy it.

I already posted mine- but the next one I want to get is Beamer, my heart dog's, paw print! Not sure where I'll get it quite yet, though. I also want to get something pokemon related. And, I want to expand my Mass Effect Tali'Zorah by adding some more characters and an awesome background... that will take many many years to complete (and where will I find the money?) I think the worst place for me so far was on my shoulder blade. I didn't mind a lot of places- even my feet weren't bad. The one that took 5+ hours (I did in two sessions) wasn't even that painful, but it got to a point where my whole leg just didn't feel right and it kept twitching every time he'd try to work on it some more, so I called it quits. Better to do it in two sessions right than have anything get messed up.

The Tali one looks great! Which characters are you planning to add?

The Tali one looks great! Which characters are you planning to add?

Thank you!! I really am in love with my Tali one <3 I want to add Garrus and Liara for sure. Depends on how room I have and the detail. Other favorites are Grunt, Wrex, and Mordin.

Thank you!! I really am in love with my Tali one <3 I want to add Garrus and Liara for sure. Depends on how room I have and the detail. Other favorites are Grunt, Wrex, and Mordin.

Ah, sounds awesome! Those are all my favorite characters, too :)

Gah! This thread is making my burning desire for another tattoo so much worse! But I'm not sure what I want. I have some nebulous ideas... But I won't get anything until I'm sure...

Ah, sounds awesome! Those are all my favorite characters, too :)

I think they are pretty much everyone's favorites! But I could nerd out about ME all day- love the series... Excited for ME4!

I think they are pretty much everyone's favorites! But I could nerd out about ME all day- love the series... Excited for ME4!

Yes, yes, and yes (I like some of the less popular characters a lot too, though :laugh:). Can't wait for ME4 and Dragon Age 3!

Reactions: 1 users
Excited for DA: Inquisition, so much! I'm sure it will be better than DA:2. That was awful.

Excited for DA: Inquisition, so much! I'm sure it will be better than DA:2. That was awful.

Yeah, DA2 was definitely a disappointment. DA:I looks so pretty so far, I'm glad they got an extra year to work on it.

What pokemon are you getting?? :) Im planning a whole sleeve once i get the money XD

Reactions: 2 users
What pokemon are you getting?? :) Im planning a whole sleeve once i get the money XD
A whole pokemon sleeve? I can't wait to see that design! That'll be amazing!! My favorite is Bulbasaur, but I also really love Arcanine- so we will see. I'm not sure yet.